Chapter Eleven: Operations O'Plenty Part 1

It was the dead of night in the Caspian region of Iran and Maverick's team was poised and ready to strike. They stood on a hill overlooking the White Mask safe house. Glaz and Valkyrie had taken the previous day to scope the place out, satisfied that their night raid could take place the very next day. Though Ash was not satisfied that she would be stuck on overwatch duty with Glaz. Assigning her any role that didn't include her rushing into the thick of battle always put her into a grumpy mood. But she relented, slightly, when Maverick pointed out that if shit did hit the fan, having someone with a high amount of mobility to draw away the fire would increase the group's chance of survival; if absolutely everything went wrong. Glaz had joked that because Kade wasn't here, "Nothing can possibly go wrong!". That had earned him an unimpressed glare from Ela at Maverick's debriefing.

"Place is lit like American Christmas tree! We go in shooting, yes?" Tachanka whispered excitedly, the others only chuckling silently at his joke. He always tried to make everyone at ease just before a mission, even if he'd never admit that it was his motive. Tachanka and Valkyrie both sat upon sleek, jet-black military grade ATV's, Finka and Ela riding in the back of them respectively. They were all outfitted in black tactical gear, what little could be see of their faces and eyes were the only visible parts of them in the cloak of night. Clouds had decided to cover the moon that night, as if God was hiding his light from the atrocities that were about to occur. He was right to. They were going to come down on them like a sledgehammer to a nail. The night was surprisingly cool for the Caspian region, making Ela feel comfortable in her night-raid garb. She adjusted her mask and pulled her normally pink-tinted goggles-tinted black for the raid- over her eyes. She tapped Valkyrie on the shoulder. She was ready. Maverick looked side to side, nodding at each driver as well as Kapkan, Ash and Glaz.

"Go." Maverick's voice whispered into their earpieces. Glaz immediately began popping off shots, patrolling White Mask falling at an astonishing rate. Maverick and Kapkan began making their descent, Maverick slinging shots down the hill with his AR-15 while Kapkan shot out short burst of his submachine-gun, the White Mask scrambling to mount a counter-offensive. One White Mask went for the alarm, only for Maverick to take him down. Glaz then shot out the power box. The team had already scoped the place for miles around. No one would be coming.

Valkyrie and Tachanka started their engines, beginning their fast descent down the hill. There were shouts and cries as the White Mask attempted to organize themselves, though team Rainbow was making it anything but easy. As soon as they hit the bottom of the hill, Ela and Finka began firing off their weapons. Ela's shotgun tore through the White Mask's armor while Finka's LMG mowed down what little organized resistance the White Mask could amount. Even still, the White Mask poured out of the building like a horde of rats; when one fell, three more took their place. A White Mask captain attempted to rally his troops behind a storage container, shouting orders to man after man, only for his head to explode into a red, brainy mess.

"15!" Glaz yelled out with glee. Tachanka made a disapproving sound,

"Shoot better, Comrade Finka! Glaz must not win! He gloats too much!" Tachanka yelled over the roar of Finka's gunfire.

"Shut up and let me shoot, you stupid man!" Finka yelled back. Tachanka only let out one of his hearty laughs. The crazy bastard was having far too much fun. Ela supposed she should've seen it coming with the introduction of the ATV's. Tachanka practically jumped for joy when Maverick unveiled them. Ela felt a bullet scrape her shoulder pad. She growled. She threw her shotgun to the wayside, unhitching the M32 grenade launcher from her back.

"Prepping bombs!" she advised, Tachanka and Finka immediately beginning to circle the base in order to draw White Mask fire away. Maverick and Kapkan paused their advance, taking cover behind thick trees.