1.5

Rowan's head was spinning erratically, a nightmare plaguing her concussion induced thoughts. She was squirming, her face scrunched up in a look of distress as her brain tried to force her from this terror.

Rowan sat in the back of a random car, seated next to Peter as they traveled to somewhere the girl had no clue where. They were dressed eloquently, the Stark clad in a body-hugging navy blue dress that flowed down her slender legs until it reached the carpeted floor of the car. Peter was also dressed dashingly, a black and white tux replacing his usual flannel-jean combo.

The boy had his fingers enlaced with hers, his bright smile matching her own as he carefully brushed a strand of curled chestnut brown behind her ear. And without second guessing, the duo leaned in, their similar browns closing as they anticipate what was to come. Rowan could feel the butterflies in her stomach begin to flutter against her gut, causing a wave of excitement to bubble up inside. She had waited so long for this.

And then it was as if someone had snatched that opportunity away from her, ripping happiness from her chest and replacing it with fear. A metal claw wrapped around her neck, her eyes shooting open at the contact, and instead of the handsome face of her lover, she was met with the glowing orbs of Vulture; his robotic face contorted to a look of pure evil. Then, without a second glance, he plunges his talons into her neck.

Rowan shot up instantly, her eyes ablaze with magenta as her senses seem to dial up to eleven. Her chest heaving, her breathing erratic as she tries to calm herself down from the dream.

"Row? Hey, hey, what's the matter?" In an instant, Peter was by her side, his hands cradling her face and craning her neck to check for any potential injuries.

She latches onto his arms, her purple eyes wide in panic as she couldn't understand why her body was shaking so violently. Why couldn't she get under control?

"P-Peter?"

"Yes, baby, I'm here. You're okay. Everything's okay. You're safe." Peter knew to keep as calm as possible during these situations, having to deal with panic attacks himself, the boy has taught himself to help cope himself and others with these scary times. "Deep breaths, in.. and out-" She obeys, steadying her breathing to a point where she's only taking in big gulps of oxygen, "there you go, Row. I'm right here. No one is going to hurt you."

Rowan, as if her body begged her for more comfort, leans in until her forehead rests on Peters, this little moment of intimacy the only thing she needed to fully calm down and get a grip. She closes her eyes momentarily, savoring the consolation, before opening them once again, the dark brown color returning to normal.

Peter's hands remain on her cheeks, tilting her head back so he could get a full view of his girl, "you okay?"

She nods, "I'm sorry. I don't usually have nightmares that often. I guess my brain was repaying me for bruising it."

"Hey." He tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, letting his fingers linger just a little, "there's no need to apologize. But, I want to know what the dream was about, though."

Then, as if Peter had burned her, she jumps up, shrugging her shoulders, "I can't remember-"
Lies.
"Probably something stupid like the Chupacabra or something. Hey, how long have we been in here?"

"Rowan?"

"Have you tried to figure a way out of here?" She floats over to the storage doors, banging her fists against it loudly.

"Row, please-" Peter webs over to her, gripping her wrist to prevent herself from breaking it, "don't hurt yourself even more."

"Fine-" she shakes his off his grip, running over to the circuit board, "we need to find a way to short out the circuit somehow. Ask Karen. She'll know."