𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞'𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐭

"How long has this been going on?" Kakashi inquired, sitting on one of the chairs in front of Naruto's in a thinking pose as they process what just happened

"A week or so I guess. My chest hurts sometimes and my throat itch like crazy and I've also been coughing lately but I've only started coughing petals yesterday." he replied, opening one of his drawers to get the petal from yesterday and putting it beside the other one on the table.

"Do you know what's happening to me, Kakashi-sensei?" he asked nervously as he looked at his sensei in the eye, scared of the answer.

"Hmm. I might have an idea." Kakashi murmured thoughtfully, still looking at the petals.

"What is it then?!" demanded Naruto, anxious getting his nerves.

"Maa, maa, so impatient." Kakashi finally looked at Naruto after a few seconds, "Hanahaki Disease." he stated.

"Hakanaki Disease? What the hell is that??" baffled, Naruto probed, confusion clear on his face.

"Hanahaki, not Hakanaki. It's a rare disease born from a one-sided love, Naruto." he explained gravely, taking this seriously. He knows just how lethal this disease is. It could cause death if proper actions wasn't taken.

"Wha-" Naruto faltered, shocked from what he was hearing. 'A one-sided love..' he suddenly stood up panicking, "I- what do I do, Kakashi-sensei?" he beseeched, lost on what to do.

"As far as I know, you got two options here." he stated, putting two fingers up. "One, you tell the person about your feelings and hope that they love you back or will love you back. Second option would be surgery but once you take the surgery, you won't remember them, or anything about them. All of your feelings about this person will disappear like it never happened." he layed out in detail, making sure Naruto knows the risk of this disease.

Naruto plopped in his chair, defeated. Silence enveloped them once more.

'...Forget Sasuke?'

"What happens if I don't do either one of them?" he asked quietly.

"You'll die, Naruto." Kakashi responded grimly.

Naruto gulped, his eyes widened in disbelief.

"Those petals you keep coughing up? It's from a flower that is taking roots inside your lungs at this very moment. It'll stay there and grow and each time you cough, it'll be more painful than before until it can't grow anymore and suffocate you till you die." he clarified. He knew that Naruto wasn't gonna take the surgery. He'd rather die than forget about Sasuke. He's just that kind of guy, loyal to a fault.

Kakashi watched as Naruto stared into space, so absorbed in his thoughts. He decided to stay there and wait until Naruto finally decided on what to do. When that time comes, he will be right there right by his side.

Naruto bowed his head, looking at his desk lost in thoughts. 'If I do the surgery, every memory of Sasuke I have will disappear...including my feelings for him..'

Flashbacks

'Ah! you beat him, Sasuke!" on the floor, Naruto cheerfully yelled until he looked up and saw the needles all over Sasuke's body, shocked radiating off of him.

'Heh, you should see the look on your face, loser.' Sasuke painfully voiced, sidely looking at Naruto.

'Why... why did you save me?'

'I don't know why.. my body just moved on it's own.'

-

Naruto and Sasuke laying in the middle of the Valley of the End side by side, bruised, and black and blue all over their body. Naruto looked at Sasuke laughing.

'Wh-what is it?' Naruto asked, baffled.

Sasuke was smiling like he was finally free from everything that was schackling him, 'I admit it.. I've lost.'

Naruto looked at Sasuke in amazement; feeling overwhelmed with so many emotions.. but beyond all of them he felt pure love for this man who've suffered so much because of the greed and mistakes of others.

'You idiot!-'

"Kit." Naruto jolted, surprised by Kurama's deep voice. "are you okay?" Kurama asked in concern.

"Yeah." he replied, going inside his mindscape. "Hey, Kurama..." he started looking at his giant friend but Kurama interupted.

"I can't cure it, Naruto. If that's what you were about to ask. I can heal just about any physical damages but a sickness from the heart? it's beyond my capabilities. I'm sorry, kit." solemly he answered.

Naruto soflty smiled at him grateful for his friend, as he touched Kurama's nose with fondness "...thanks, Kurama. and welcome back." he left.

"Kakashi-sensei" Naruto began

"What is it, Naruto" Kakashi asked, looking at the teen.

"I'm not gonna do the surgery." Naruto declared, meeting Kakashi's eyes, clear determination in his. "I don't want to forget about Sasuke. I won't."

Kakashi smiled at him softly, saddened by the turn of events. "then I'll be here to support you, Naruto."

Thanks for reading! The next chapter is half way done, it should be up tomorrow. Maybe. xD Comments and vote are appreciated! lots of love. :*