𝐀𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭

Naruto slowly woke up, too lazy and tired to bother opening his eyes. He could feel the sunlight touching his skin and the soft bed on his back. How did he get here? Last time he remembered, he was in the bathroom vomiting flowers. Naruto tried to feel around the room with his chakra and felt another person in his vicinity.

Sasuke.

"I know you're awake." he heard Sasuke say.

He mentally sighed before his eyes fluttered open. "I know." he croaked, and he just realized just how parched his throat was—it has been for the last month. He saw Sasuke grab a cup of water and put it by his bedside.

"Drink."

His body creaked as he sluggishly sat up on his bed, making him winced a little. He grabbed the water and drank it greedly as it slightly dripped from his mouth. He didn't think water could taste this good.

Sasuke waited while he stood by the side, his back leaning on the wall. "How long?" he asked.

Naruto tried pretending to be clueless, but of course it was for naught. "How long what?" he asked, his nose crinkled in confusion.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes at him. "You know what i'm asking. Now answer me." he growled, his voice laced with impatience.

Deflated, Naruto turned away, trying to evade Sasuke. "Give or take a month." he murmured quietly, shutting his eyes in pain.

"Who is it?"

Naruto heart thumped, adrenaline rushing through him. He didn't want Sasuke to know. He didn't want him to be disgusted and leave him once more. He pulled his legs up close to his chest, hiding his face from the outside world before murmuring something.

Sasuke's face crinkled, "What?"

"I SAID YOU DON'T KNOW HIM!" Naruto shushin-ed before Sasuke could react, his heart still beating wildly as his lungs started acting up once more. He didn't care that he was in his pajamas -Sasuke must've changed his clothes- he just needed to get away before he spill everything and ruin it all.

Naruto hid inside the Forest of Death, hiding his presence from the outside world. He bent down close to a tree, and immediately his lungs constricted, making it harder for him to breathe. He was a mess. Naruto released a hollow chuckle, a tear rolling down his face. "And I'm supposed to be the Hokage."