𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝟑𝟎𝟎𝟎

"Hokage-sama! How are you today?" a passerby man happily greeted Naruto

"Hokage-sama! How are you today?" a passerby man happily greeted Naruto. "I'm great! How are you?" he responded, a huge smile on his face. "Good morning, Hokage-sama!" an elderly female going for walks waved to Naruto. "Good Morning!" he waved back. "Hokage-sama let's play!!" a group of children circled around him jumping around cheerfully as he walked, "Hehe! maybe later guys!" he beamed, appeasing the kids.

He loved walking around the village. Everywhere he goes, everybody's always cheerfully greeting him, vigorously talking to him, accepting him.

After walking for about 10 minutes, he finally reached his destination, Sasuke's apartment. Standing outside his door, he inhaled nervously, shaking his hand to get his nerves in control. He held his knuckle up, and knocked loudly.

"Heeeeey!! Sasuke! Let's go on a picnic!!" He yelled, hopeful. He continued to knock when Sasuke didn't open his door for awhile and he knew he was there, he could sense him him inside the house. "Sasukeeee~!!! I'm not going anywhere anytime soon so might as well give up and come out!"

The door slowly opened, revealing Sasuke's blank face. "It's 7 in the morning, i'm surprised you're even awake or not the in the office." he muttered with a husky voice, looking like he just woke up. Naruto gulped, feeling a petal tearing it's way out his lips.

Clearing his throat, he chucked nervously "Kakashi-sensei took over for me just for a liitle while. He thinks I need to take a break from working too hard." he explained.

Sasuke looked at him suspiciously "Hn.. that's surprising. Kakashi, taking up more work on his own."

Naruto rigidly beamed at him, shrugging in responds; even he found his excuse hard to swallow. Sasuke looked him in the eye, azure eyes met obsidian and the air felt heavy for a second until it was dispelled by Sasuke's voice.  "Let me change, then we can go." he said closing the door.

"Okay!" Naruto turned around holding on to his chest. 'that was definitely bad for my heart.' he sighed looking up.

Walking to their destination, "So what do you have in the basket?" Sasuke asked, curious on what Naruto brought for their breakfast. 'Hopefully not ramen..." he prayed.

He lifted the basket mid-level "I got a lot! uhh let's see." he opened one side of the basket slighty showing Sasuke what's inside. "Fresh baked breads, hard boiled eggs, bacon, ham, cheese, tomato, lettuce, grapes, strawberry, I also brought coffee in case you wanted some. It's in that thermos. Oh! I-uh I wasn't sure if you use jam so I brought it.." he prattled, pointing at each the items.

"Wow. You really went all out." Sasuke breathed, flabbergasted. Since when did Naruto know how to cook? "Where did you get all these?" he voiced out his thoughts.

Naruto scratched his cheek with his finger, shyly "I cooked them."

"Since when did you learn how to cook?" curiousity getting the better of him, Sasuke continued.

"It's just boiling and frying, Sasuke" he chucked. "even I can do that. Nothing special about them."

"Hn." ending the conversation as they neared the secluded river that no ones really goes to.
-
Naruto pulled out a blanket -small enough for 2 people to sit on and their food- and laid it on the grass. Sitting down, he patted the space beside him, urging Sasuke to take a sit, he did. He laid all the food on the blanket, gesturing to Sasuke if he'd like some coffee to which he nodded in respond. Pouring a cup, "So what have you been up to, Sasuke?" he asked, handing the cup to him.

"Nothing much." he replied blandly, taking some bread and making a sanwhich with ham, tomato, cheese and lettuce.

Naruto looked at Sasuke with a dry expressionless face. "Really." he sighed as he made himself a sandwhich also. "You're probation is almost done, huh. That means you don't have to stay in Konoha." he muttered, failing to hide the detest in his voice at the last sentence.

Sasuke stared at Naruto as he takes a bite to his sandwhich. I'm thinking of leaving Konoha for awhile." he mentioned, turning his head to look at the water to avoid Naruto's troubled gaze. Irritated he sighed and turned to Naruto again. "I'm not going to be gone forever, dobe. I'll be back after a few months or so." he clarified.

Naruto swallowed the hollowness he felt from hearing Sasuke's words. He knew Sasuke didn't really want to stay in the village where his parents died from his beloved brother's hands. The place where he suffered the most.

Still, that doesn't mean he didn't feel hurt by his decision to leave us, me, once again. He took a deep breath, "...yeah, okay." he responded ending the topic. They continued to eat all the food, while Naruto babbled about random stuff telling him what's been going on in his life of being Hokage, with Sasuke adding his own playfully mocking comments.

Everyday after that day, Naruto continued to knock on Sasuke's door every morning without fail taking him somewhere to spend time with him, using his remaining time to it's fullest. And everyday after, he sat on the floor by the toilet hacking up petals after petals, feeling it growing inside his lungs, walking it's way up to his esophagus, scratching his flesh with it's sharp thorns leaving him weak to the bone. Everyday, Kakashi was right beside him, rubbing his back to ease even a little bit of his pain.

Until one night when Kakashi was a little late coming over to help him, being held up with work, Naruto heard the door opened while he was still in the bathroom puking flowers. Assuming it was Kakashi-sensei he didn't turn around to look, exhausted, until he heard "What the hell is going on?!" the person yelled, horrified.

Who do you guys think it is? 🧐
Thanks for reading! Comments and vote are appreciated! :*