vi.

Chapter six: "One month without an incident"

{EDITED}

Lonely Wanda was, walking down the halls of Xavier's School

Lonely Wanda was, walking down the halls of Xavier's School. Her face void of any type of emotion. Since Wanda she started to train with Logan, she snuck out her room and went to train, she had been doing it every night since then. She figured it was a great way to blow off steam, and she'd much rather punch stuff than talk to somebody about it. 

That day was a day sadder than most as it had hit the mark of 1 month since Pietro's death.

Wanda didn't know why she hadn't felt overly emotional or upset, her last true family had been killed, and there she was living her best life. At first, she thought it might've been denial, maybe it hadn't fully sunken in yet, but now she's realised... That maybe her new attitude was her response to his death. She wanted to be able to be the best version of herself so that she can do good deeds in the name of her brother. She wanted to be able to end the madness, stop the past from catching up and consuming her whole. So that's why she trained. 

She trained twice daily: one a lesson, and a secret training session. Logan had noticed her quick improvement within the first week and had immediately caught onto her nighttime activities in the training room. He hardly cared, finding it more so inspiring that she was dedicating herself to becoming better. Logan wished that he too could become like that, but in a way, he was already at his best.

Many smaller kids glanced at her as she walked by, feeling dazed by her confidence as well as her modesty. She had given up on Jeans advice, finding friends was not for her. They would distract her, hold her back. Maybe it was good that she didn't get a proper childhood, because that way it was easier.

All she did was go to her private and normal classes, and try learn as much as she could. She did feel slightly odd as the oldest in a class of teens and people in their early twenties, but quickly found that most kids didn't mind, in fact they seemed surprised by her age, finding that she was younger than she looks.

"Hey, Wanda." Rogue greeted as she walked past.

Wanda looked to see Bobby and rogue having walked up beside her.

"Hey." She replied, trying to see why they were being so nice to her.

"You have history, right?" Rogue asked, but she already knew the answer seeing as Logan already told her. She was just trying to make conversation

"Yeah, I haven't actually been yet, Charles thought it would've been better if my first few weeks here were spent settling in and training." Wanda replied. Her classes mainly consisted of training, and on Fridays she had ethics and history. She didn't even want to do history, her thoughts being preoccupied with something much more important.