xiii.

Chapter Thirteen: "New Year"

    New Years Eve caused a riot in Xavier's School For the Gifted, every year

New Years Eve caused a riot in Xavier's School For the Gifted, every year. Fortunately for Wanda, the tradition stayed the same that year. Charles granted the students permission to throw a large party near the lake by the school, of course, with teacher supervision.

Peter would not stop talking about it on their way to history. Wanda was almost tempted to compel him to shut up.

"Is there gonna be alcohol at this party tonight?" He wondered, ranting on 100 miles a minute. Wanda shook her head at his stupidity.

"You're forgetting that there are gonna be teachers watching, Pete."

"Oh... Right..." He frowned, scratching the side of his head. After having known Peter for the past month or so, Wanda discovered that while the boy was smart, he was still an idiot.

"You're an idiot." She voiced her thoughts out loud. Peter scoffed loudly, throwing his arms out to the side and accidentally whacking a person in the face as they walked by. The person groaned, as Peter's widened.

"Sorry!" Peter exclaimed, cringing at his stupidness.

"I'll get some ice." He quickly flashed away, reappearing with an icepack. He held it out to the kid he whacked, and they snatched it out of his hand, walking away angrily.

"You may be right." Peter nodded, agreeing with Wanda's statement as they entered the history room.

    Later that afternoon as the sun began to set, Wanda was walking alone to the New Years party, Peter having zoomed off before she could find him. Looking around for a more familiar face, she spotted Logan who had also been walking alone. She noticed that he looked more angrier than usual, and decided to approach him.

"You look unhappy." Wanda said as she began to walk beside him. He would've been more startled by her appearance, but Logan always knew where she was-- most of the time.

"Made a bet with Ororo, and I lost. Now I'm stuck babysitting a bunch of kids on New Years Eve." He grumbled, turning to glance at her briefly. She wasn't dressed in anything special, and she didn't really feel like attending a party, but she would rather do that than spend the night alone.

"We can't help you there, Logan." Peter spoke, appearing beside Wanda in a flash. She let out a heavy sigh at his abrupt appearance.

"We're hanging with Piotr's group tonight, Kitty is bringing uno for us to play."

"...Uno?" She trailed off, never having played of heard of the game before. Not that she had much of her childhood to play games as such.

"You're kidding?" Peter spoke, his mouth wide open as he stared at her.  Logan rolled his eyes at Peters childishness, quickly finding him to be annoying. "The game where when you have one card left you yell uno?"