1- On My Own

TEEVIN

No one ever suspected this happening to the beautiful town of Hope County. Ever.

Where did it go wrong? How did it get this far into the ground?

Why?

"I spent my whole life looking for more things to say yes to." John Seed began over the television.

A video that played every day and twice on Sunday. But I tuned it out, I had it memorized already with how much it played. Like an annoying infomercial that came on all the damn time and got stuck in your head.

Each week there would be more and more people joining the Seed family's cult. I couldn't understand how others could be so easily fooled. But I guess I'm not surprised considering most believe believe what they're told. What they're raised with.

People were sheep and this family were wolves clothed in sheep skin fooling everyone.

While I believed in God--what they were doing was twisting it all until it was blasphemy.

The new bibles, Joesph calling himself 'the Father' now. It was corrupt.

So I joined the resistance and fought against this corruption. And I...killed.

"In the end, we're all sinners. You must repent and atone your sins or you will never walk through Eden's Gate." John continued, his face was now close up as his eyes stared into the camera. As if making eye contact through the screen and to me. Those brilliant baby blues were captivating and you could see how much he truly believed in each word he spoke. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't attracted to him---and that was a big problem.

How could such a beautiful man become so twisted?

When would it end?

As a woman in her twenties, I refused to fall into deception. It happened to my entire family, and now I was left with nothing. No one was on my side. I had to escape, this house was no longer safe for me to stay or the cultists would find me. I had to leave the past in the past so I could secure a future.

Gathering all the ammo I could for my semi automatic shot gun, I strapped it over my shoulder before snatching my pistol. Chuckling to myself at what a joke my life has turned out to be now. The tiny thought of joining the Seeds had crossed my mind once before---because it'd be easier. Easier than being away from my family, than running, than getting shot at and having no one to back you up.

But it wasn't easy for Jesus to do what he did either. Not that I'm Jesus or anything.

With that as my motivation, I continued packing ammo and other necessities in my pack before I hurried out the front door. Don't look back because you're not returning Teevin, remember your mission.

Save your family. Save your home. And take down these corrupt bastards.

=========================================

Gun fire and ear shattering screams could be heard miles away as the raging civil war between the Cults and the resistance continued on.

Dirt and rocks crunched under my boots as I trudged up a hill until a large white sign that read 'YES' caught my eye. I hadn't even realized how long I had been walking, dehydration always got the best of me on hikes.

Shit! I hadn't meant to come this way!

I was in John's territory now and only the Lord knows if I'll make it out alive.

Running through the forest, I did my best to evade wild animals, but even I knew one would catch up to me sooner or later.

Three wolves circled around me, teeth barred and growling dangerously at me just waiting for me to make a move. As slowly as I could I reached for my shot gun which signaled one of them to run towards me.

BANG BANG BANG!

Two down, and one to go because the last shot missed.

"Get the fuck --agh! off me!" I fought against the wolf as it bit around the gun barrel.

Managing to get the upper hand for just a second, I kicked the beast in the gut before I quickly fired two more rounds into it. Birds flew from the trees as I caught my breath. Now it was only a matter of time before cultists investigated.

"Son of a bitch!" I kicked at the ground in anger.