[Vash, Trigun, AU] Fall For You

fall for you (acoustic) - secondhand serenade
modern au. can be a very far sequel to the other college au thing if you want.
short, sad to happy. two complete fools.

Vash brought his eyes up to stare at you from across the room. It was rare for you two to not be fighting. That's all you'd been doing lately, after all.

"Vash, I just..." He straightens up as you speak and turn to face him. "When's the last time we just...talked?"

"I dont know," the blond murmurs. It had been too long, that's for sure.

Did you always look as beautiful as you did tonight? Was your hair always styled like that, or had he just...really not been paying attention to you lately?

Oh.

Vash stands up, and his chest squeezes when you tense up. He holds his hands up as he slowly moves toward you.

"I would never hit you, _____. You know this," he whispers.

"I know," you respond, just as quietly.

Vash takes a seat beside you, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you close.

"Why did we even start fighting? Wh-when did we..."

Vash hushes you and pulls you closer. "It's okay, now. We can figure it out tomorrow, alright?"

You nod against his chest and take a deep breath.

Vash gently scratches your scalp and starts humming some song the pair of you had heard on the radio who knows how long ago.

"You're impossible to find," he murmurs after a couple moments. "You know that?"

You tilt your head back, and Vash feels his heart skip at the smile on your face. "So are you, Vash."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."