Chapter 5: Confession and invitation

Jace's POV

Who the hell is spreading the rumor about me and Jade dating? If I find out, I'm going to beat them into a pulp.

"Jack, do you know who's the one spreading the rumor?", I asked in a tight voice. Right now, I'm angry because it involves my sister. I have people who hate my guts and they will stop at nothing to get to me.

But they knew that I'm strong, that's why if they find out the relation between me and Jade, they'll target her instead.

Which is why I can't let those people know about her.

"I think that it's some girls that you've dated. I think that it's Shannon and Britney.", Jack answered with his eyes showing displeasure.

"Those sluts, how dare they", I exclaimed with my fist shaking in rage. "I think it's time to teach them a lesson."

Then I walk away from Jack, going to find those bitches who thought that they're somebody when, in reality, they're nobody.

Jade's POV

After the last class has ended, it's time to go home.

When I was walking, I saw two girls—scratch that, my twin's exes walking towards me. Their eyes seem scared and darting everywhere.

What happen to them? They used to talk so arrogantly to everyone—even me.

"Ehm... Jade, we want to say we're sorry for spreading the rumor about you and Jace dating. We shouldn't have told lies to everyone. We're going to clear this up, don't worry.", they said with their quietest voice.

Even if their voice is small, I could still hear their trembling voice.

"What happen to you guys?" I'm confused with their changed attitude. I know that Jace never told them about me being his sister, so what did he tell them?

"That's all, bye." Then those two girls ran away. Today was a very weird day, seriously.. somebody told me what happen. I guess I'd have to ask Jace about this matter later.

And once again, after the weird confession from my twin's exes—I saw one boy from the school's football team walking towards me.

"Hey, what's a cutie like you doing here alone?"

"Ugh, who are you and what do you want?", I signed in irritation. Why can't people just leave me alone at times.

"Whoa, surprisingly feisty", he laughed out loud.

I just glared at him and continued walking. Then he just grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"Hey, there's a party at my house tonight.. would you like to come?", he smirked.

"No thanks, if you'll excuse me—"

"Hey, it'll be fun", he continued with his hand still holding mine.

"Well, I have other stuff to do so, goodbye.", I yanked my arm out of his clutch and then walked away from him.

"Well, if you have the time, come to my party!", he shouted to me then walk into another direction opposite of me.

Come to think of it, he didn't tell me his name yet. Oh well, I probably won't see him again nor will I come to his party. I prefer staying at home and reading books then partying like most teenagers—like I'm not them.

After walking while avoiding many people, I finally arrived at my locker to grab my stuff. Just as I was about to close the locker, a face popped out beside me.

"Hey, Jade!"

I almost drop my stuff there and then.

"Claire!? Don't scare me like that. Anyway, what's up?", she really needs to stop popping out of nowhere like that. One day, it's going to cause some serious damage—well, maybe not too serious.

"Sorry, By the way, I heard there's going to be a party at some senior's house. And I'M INVITED!", she shouted a bit too loud I must say.

"Really? that's great. Well, I'm gonna go hom—"

But I was not fast enough. Before I could get away, knowing where this is leading to, Claire just grabbed both of my arms with her playful smile.

"NOT A CHANCE! you're coming with me!", she giggled.

Ugh, I knew she was gonna say that.

"Claire, as much as I'd like to, my brothers wouldn't allow me going to the party..", I'm not a party girl, so ain't no way I'm going to that party.

"Come on, only one time..", she said with her pleading eyes. "You have to try to live a little. I promise you wouldn't regret it."

I don't want to go to the party, but she's right. I guess I can try. And it's only one party.

What could possibly go wrong? Now the difficult part, asking permission from my brothers.

Hey guys, hope you enjoy reading the story so far. See you in the next chapter.