Chapter 8: Permission

Hey guys, sorry for the late updates. I just had the most awesome vacation ever and I hope you all didn't wait too long. Well, enjoy the chapters as usual.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 8: Permission

Jade's POV

The class was super boring. The teacher was lecturing us all because some students found it funny to prank other students by putting chewed gum on their chairs.

After class was over, I quickly speed dial one of my brother—Jason. He's the person I depend on a lot. But most of the time, he's unavailable to contact. I just hope he'll pick up my call.

After the third tone, Jason finally picks up my call.

"Hey, what's up babysis?"

I can feel him chuckling a little on the other side.

"Well Jason, there's a party and I'm wondering if you'd let me go?", I asked. I know my brothers sometimes are a bit over the top in my well being.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because I want to? Come on, I've never been to a party before, please?", I answered with the tone I always use to my brothers when I wanted something.

"Can we talk about this at home?", Jason whispered to the call. Suddenly somebody started shouting from the other side of the phone. Something about they didn't do it on purpose.

"Jason, who's that?"

"No one, just somebody spills his coffee to my clothes. It's hot" I heard a bit shuffling in the background noise.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Babysis, I have to go.. let's talk later. Bye now."

"Wai—

Then Jason hangs up before I could utter another word.

What's with everyone today? Jace just skipped class, Jason hangs up before I was done talking, and Jack—well he's behaving the same. But that's beside the point.

After a moment later, I finally snapped out of my thought and decided to just go home.

As I was walking home, I heard someone shouting and it seems like the person is headed my way. I quickly look down hoping not to be disturb.

"Hey! You! The girl who is walking with her head looking down, HEY!"

"What?", I said harshly to the said person. "did you not see my do-not-disturb-me face?"

"Don't blame me, blame your hair for being in the way"

I quickly recognized the person's face. It's the annoying guy with his ugly hair who invited me to his party last time.

"I can hear you, you know. I'm standing right beside you"

"Oh, did I said it out loud?"

"Yes", he said as he flips his hair. "Yes, you did."

As I said before, ugly hair and a narcissistic person. I heard a cough and I quickly zip my mouth then throw away the key.

"Thank you. Now as I was about to say, are you coming to my party tonight?", he asked with one of his smiles that could make any girls swoon. I just rolled my eyes at that.

"I don't know.."

"Hey, the J brothers are coming to this party, you know? So, what do you say?"

"Wait, the J brothers? Who're they?", I tilted my head a little and put my hand under my chin.

"You don't know who they are? I think you're the first person who doesn't know them. They're literally the most popular student in this school. Even the teachers are cautious of them because not only are they popular, they are also smart.", he answered as he started to comb his hair backward.

"Ehmm, look here..", I started to stare blankly to his face and he seems to notice me staring so he quickly said, "Chris"

"Yeah Chris, I'm not rea—"

"Jade, wait for me", Claire suddenly popped out of nowhere and started to run towards me. "You're coming to the party, right? You said you would go with me.."

"But my brothers didn't give me their permission."

"Just one time, please?", Claire said with her puppy eyes. "you can always sneak out then sneak right back to the house."

I looked back to Chris then excused ourselves for a second.

"Claire, my brothers are going to the party too. They're invited. If I go to that party, I have to hide from them in the party.", then I let out an exaggerated sign and continued, "I don't even want to think what'll happen if I got caught sneaking out."

"Look, Jade, I will help you avoid your brothers. I just want you to have fun and live a little. It's just one time, what could possibly go wrong?"

"Anything could go wrong at any second. A meteor could just land into the place we're partying and—

"Jade, come one", Claire begged as she put her hands on my shoulder.

"Fine, only one time. Then I'm not doing it again.", I signed then walked back to Chris.

"Ok, I'm going to go to your party."

"Awesome, well see you there Jade.", he smirked a little when he saw my confuse face. "I heard it from your friend shouting earlier."

I made an 'ooh' sound then started to think about ways to sneak out tonight.

Well, sneaking out might not be so bad. I guess it wouldn't hurt me to have fun for a bit. I just hope my brothers wouldn't find out about it.

.

.

.

.

That's it, I'm having so much fun writing this weird brothers-sister daily life together. With my vacation all over, I guess I will update more often now.

See you in the next chapter.