05: 𝙄𝙘𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢?!

"Are you Sydney?" Someone asked. 

At first I didn't recoginze who the voice belonged to even though I knew for sure that I did hear this person's voice before. I turned around and was shocked from who I saw standing in front of me. 

"Wait... aren't you Zach Herron?" I asked. 

"Yes" he answered.

I gave him a weird look.

"Why are you talking to me? you've never even looked at me before" I said as I took a sip from my drink.

He looked away from me for a second but It didn't take long until he looked back at me instead.

"I'm sorry I just had never really seen you before" He said and I accidentally chocked on the drink I was drinking.

"Yeah.. because you were too busy with your lady friends" I said quitely as I rolled my eyes.

"What did you say?" he asked. 

"Nothing" I answered and looked back at Ava.

He saw that I wasn't looking at him anymore and walked over to the other side of the table so I would face him again. 

"And since you're kind of the new popular girl in school, I mean since the Corbyn thing happened... you're kind of popular. Maybe we could h-" He tried to say but I already cut him off before he even could finish because I knew where this was going.

"Not happening, just because you're famous and in a boyband doesn't mean everyone wants you" I said and stood up from my seat and took my stuff with Ava doing the same thing. 

"But you do like C-" He tried to say but me and Ava already walked away.

As we walked out of the cafeteria I saw Ava looking behind us.

"Ew, I hate boys I swear" I said. 

After a few seconds Ava looked back at me. 

"I thought he was kinda cute" 

"Seriously?!" I asked. 

"What wrong with that?" she said. 

"You are just boy crazy" I said as we both walked over towards our lockers.

-

The rest of the day passed by pretty quickly to my surprise and nothing special actually happened. As the bell rang I stood up from my seat and took my books. I walked outside the classroom and walked towards my locker, opened it and put my books in it. After that I closed my locker and right when I was about to walk away Ava came up to me. 

"Wanna hang out today?" She asked.

"I can't" I said.

"I'm really sorry" 

"It's okay" She said.

"But we'll call right?" 

I smiled at her. 

'Yes, of course' I said and we both walked away from my locker, making our way outside.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" She  asked as we came outside.

"Yup" I answered and soon Ava walked away alone, since she had to take an other way to get home while I walked the opposite direction since I had to take the bus back home since my house wasn't that close to the school as hers was. 

I started running towards the bus but when I got there the bus already left when I got there. 

"Shit" I said to myself and looked around to see if there was anyone here that I could ask for a ride but there was nobody I knew here so I knew I'd have to wait for the next bus to arrive.

I took my phone out of my pocket and turned it on to see if I had received any new messages from Jessica but as soon as I did I saw nothing.

-

About a quarter later I saw a car stopping right in front of where I was sitting. At first I couldn't see who was in the car because the windows were dark but then the person opened the window. 

"Get in the car" He said. 

"Wait, Corbyn?" I asked as soon as I heard the person's voice. 

"Yeah, it's me, now get in"

I walked over to the other side of the car and opened the door to get in. As soon as I got in he started the engine and drove away from where we were. 

I looked at him. 

"What were you doing here?" I asked. 

"I had to drive past here for some stuff and since you still have to do something for me I thought why not pick you up, or did you rather like to wait for the next bus?" he asked.

"Oh no, please tell me it's not gonna be something bad"

"It's not" He said looking at me with a smile on his face, looking immeditely back at the road after.

-

"Ice cream?!"

"That's what you want?' I said confused as he took me to an ice cream stall. 

"Yes" he replied, making me wonder why he chose Ice cream out of all the things he could've asked for. 

"Okay, Then I guess I'll get you some ice cream" I said and  walked over to the Ice cream stall and waited in the line to get some for him.

-

After a few minutes of waiting in a line I finally got our ice cream and walked over to a bench next to a lake and sat down. It was so silent and beautiful there. I never thought these kind of places actually existed. 

"It's so beautiful here" I said as I looked at the water that was refecting the sunset. 

"You are beautiful" He said as he looked at me with a smile. 

"Wait, what?" I said a little confused because this was the last thing I expected him to say. 

I looked down at the ground, not knowing what to say back. I felt the guilt growing inside of me with every second that passed by. Why... 

I looked up. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

I looked at Corbyn who didn't didn't have any clue about Jessica's and I's plan. 

"I- I'm fine" I replied and I gave him a weak smile.

"Come on" He said and took my hand as he stood up. 

"Let's have some fun" 

Soon he took me with him and we started running. 

"The last one is a rotten potato" I yelled and immediately he let go of my hand and he started running very fast. 

"Hey, that's not fair" I yelled at him. 

"I won" He said as he stopped running but I was still running fast and I couldn't stop anymore.

I tripped and fell on him again. I opened my eyes slowly because I was scared to open them. As I opened them I mmediately saw his beautiful eyes. 

"You must really have a thing for falling on me" He said with a smile. 

I smiled back. 

I sat up with him later doing the same thing but I was still sitting on his lap. He removed a piece of hair from my face and looked from my eyes to my lips. Soon he moved closer and our lips almost touched...

...

Words: 1172

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote! Also thank you so much for 1k reads on this story it literally means so much to me!