Afterdeath - Do Your Homework

Well, this one is a doozy. This was requested by Saisucc a while ago (sorry for falling behind on requests), and I'll warn everyone right now that this is sad and contains character death if you're sensitive to that. I'm actually really proud with how this one turned out, probably contributing to the length a little bit, but I'll stop rambling so you all can read :)

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. *Hands over a box of tissues*

~Kitty

****************************************************************

Reaper grumbled as his alarm started going off, slamming his hand down on it to silence the annoying thing. He laid back in the bed for a bit, debating whether or not to just say screw it and go back to bed, but when his phone pinged with a reminder the skeleton sighed and climbed out of bed. Sleeping in was something he couldn't usually do, all because Geno needed his medication on time every morning as well as food to take it with. But he would never complain about it in the slightest, as he loved his sweet boyfriend with every fibre of his being. Besides, today was a special day, as it was Geno's 20th birthday, so Reaper fully planned to spoil and pamper him all day.

As soon as he was dressed in his typical hoodie and jeans he quickly peeked his head into Geno's room. He would've loved if the two of them could sleep together, but he honestly couldn't sleep with all of the noise Geno's medical equipment made, and it was better for the smaller's health to sleep alone anyways. It always tugged at his soul to see his boyfriend hooked up to so many different machines to keep him breathing, but each one of them was unfortunately necessary. And Reaper was willing to go to whatever lengths necessary to make sure his beloved could live a long and happy life. He knew how each machine worked and was capable of maintaining them himself, with important spares sorted carefully in one of the closets in case of a breakdown. Geno was everything to him, so he'd be willing to do anything for him.

Seeing that Geno was peacefully asleep, Reaper quickly checked over all of the machines and made sure there were no alarming readings. Deeming everything normal and okay, he went to the kitchen to start preparing breakfast for his beloved, making sure to cook all of his favourites.

A second alarm pinged, interrupting his cooking as he was finishing up the last of the food on the stove. Turning the burners off, Reaper ensured that nothing would burn before heading back to Geno's room to wake him up so that he could have his meds on time. Stepping carefully around the equipment, Reaper kneeled beside Geno's bed, holding his hand and rubbing his thumb along the back of it while cupping his cheek with the other one. "Good morning love," he whispered, leaning forward to place a gentle kiss just above his brow.

The smaller skeleton stirred, smiling from the tender affection given to him before slowly opening his eye. "Mmm, morning already?" He yawned, smiling up at the skeleton next to him. "That's one hell of a way to wake up. If only I could wake you up like that occasionally instead of that stupid alarm."

Reaper just chuckled, rubbing his thumb across the other's cheek. "That's alright, seeing your beautiful, smiling face every morning is enough for me. You ready for me to unhook you?" Once he received a nod, the taller skeleton worked at disconnecting the various machines and sensors attached to Geno, turning off each machine as he was going and following their typical morning ritual. And just like always, when he finally removed the breathing mask he wasted no time in planting a kiss on his lips, the smaller quickly reciprocating the gesture. "Breakfast is ready, my dear, so let's get you down there." He wasted no time in scooping Gen out of his bed, holding him bridal style as he carried him to the kitchen.

A squeak came out of Geno's mouth from the sudden change in position, followed by laughter. "Reaper, I can walk you silly dork! You don't have to carry me!" He continued to giggle as he was carried all the way to his seat at the table, though his laughter stopped when he saw the tremendous amount of food that Reaper had cooked. "Reaps, this is way too much! What in the world possessed you to make all of this?"