하나: Chapter One

" Today we are gathered here in honour of one of our most prestigious officer's, Jeon Jungkook."

sure, keep telling everyone that.

Brown—haired jeon jungkook simply blew a stray strand of hair out of his eyes, acknowledging that this was in fact a celebration for him, and yet he couldn't help but feel... Anger. Don't ask him why he's currently pushing past half-assed people who don't give a damn about him and just showed up to get drunk for free, or why he's got his phone out furiously texting a friend, or why He's in his Mercedes in less than five minutes and heading to the  Mansion he thought he'd never step foot in again.

he, himself, is partially drunk and wobbly when he steps into the huge house. He notes the fairy lights streaming across the very high up ledge that is the second floor, and he notes how A certain blonde comes bounding to him with a file in his hand.

And of course he notes the bruises on the neck, a classic that makes jungkook want to roll his eyes so hard they get stuck behind his eyelids.

" What's this?" Jungkook asked with a raised eyebrow, scanning through the files and eyes widening on a certain page. On it are photographs of men, separately, and with Little backstories of each one. Not many catch his eye except for one, one extremely familiar person." Ji..." He spats out with furrowed eyebrows, sighing deeply and throwing the portfolio down on a table nearby." You made me come here to see pictures of the dick that I never want to see again? Really?" The blonde facepalms.

" Not him! The others you douchebag!"

And so that's how Jungkook spends most of his night, feasting on what's given to him, which is a lot in general. He's lost still on the dark red hair and glimmering eyes that look so endearing yet he knows are more vicious and demonic than let out. Maybe 'Ji' doesn't know it yet, or maybe the red head already does, but Jungkook knows he's no human. He's seen the other do.. whatever it is he does one too many times, and he knows. But he's not terrified, not in the least bit, he's angry His lover didn't trust him enough to spill everything. However, Jungkook couldn't remember the last time someone he knew dated a supernatural being, a demon Specifically, and it turned out okay. There's just no such thing, which is probably why he left him in the first place.

" Hey kook, are you-?"

before words can be uttered, there's a gun going off and without thinking Jungkook is running to where the sound came from, which is across the street. It's not a smart move and he's lucky that the culprits only came for one thing or else he'd be dead meat by now but honestly he wouldn't give a fuck if he got shot, because does it really top dating a demon and living? no, no it doesn't.

He somehow managed to call for an ambulance while running like a maniac in the streets and while the shooting has stopped, only a few seconds later does a little girl come running out of the house, practically falling with each hurried little step." shit, are you—where are your parents?" Jungkook asks, catching the girl who practically flings herself into his arms. She sobs loudly, not daring to look up as she points behind her at the house. he knows what she means and flinches. Either a drug deal gone wrong, or the girls parents owed something.

Those were the only two options right?

" Hey, I got you now. You'll be fine until the ambulance comes." The girls eyes widen comically and it's then that Jungkook realizes his mistake.

" Oh no, no, no! Their going to help you, your safe now. Alright?"

The girl whimpered but nodded, still hanging off of him for dear life. He suddenly felt sorry for the girl, knowing he's felt like this before. His father wasn't exactly the best to his mother, which is why he's now so proud of her for leaving him. Now that he understands how dangerous and toxic that kind of relationship is.

It might be wierd, but Jungkook really wished his dad had gotten help and changed his ways.

Newsflash; he didn't.

His mother has moved on but it's easy to tell that sometimes she thinks about it, it's not as bad as when she used to try to choke herself to death, but she rubs her collarbone and there's a distant look in her eyes when she does it. Other times she doesn't even realize she's doing it In front of him and he has to quickly stop her.

All in all, he just wants his parents happy.

Whenever, wherever they are.

And he's feeling all sorts of sorry for this girl, but pity isn't what he specializes in.

" Look, I don't know your parents or you but I can tell you that your parents have joined all your favorite animal up in heaven. You'd want your parents happy right?"

The girl nods, big round eyes searching his eyes. She makes grabby hands at him, and, slightly flustered by the adorable kid, he cautiously picks her up. She latches on to him immediately, head pressed against his shoulder.

"  you can't go to heaven yet, alright? But I know you'll have a good life." He whispers while rubbing her back, waiting for the ambulance. He stops talking about her parents altogether, starts up a conversation about puppies and horses, the two animals she seems most enthusiastic about.

Her arms are still around his neck and he's still holding her even though the police have arrived already and told him they'd take her off his hands.

She promptly threw a fit and nearly broke a window, so here she is, back in his lap, Practically dozing off while talking.

" Kook."

Jungkook looks up to see an old friend, Eunhae, frowning down at the sleepy girl in his arms, unaware of what's about to happen. He sighs, knows he's going to feel the guilt later, even though he knows there's no way in hell he'll be able to take care of him and a child.

" You did the right thing. Don't beat yourself up about this later."

He knows he is.

Reluctantly, he passes her over the the short female, who nods to him appreciatively, walking back to the car that's behind the ambulance. She's going to an orphanage, and what's messed up about it is that it all happened while she was sleep.

Jungkook feels like an asshole, and he's never really cared about anyone's feelings before like this.

" Jungkook! Stop looking like a sorry asshat and get in here now!"

Groaning, Jungkook begrudgingly follows the Blob of blonde hair inside the mansion.

He puts on his poker face again, and keeps walking.

​​​​​​​​​​​​