Brook Soso- Shower (a)

Brook had been exceptionally mopey lately, obviously the both of you were in prison with longer sentences than you would like, but that doesn't mean that you had to be constantly down in the dumps, especially when she was normally quite a bit more upbeat than that. For the third day in a row you had watch her wake up, skip her shower, skip breakfast, and just sit on her bed reading. It can't have been that interesting a book, you had read it, you knew it wasn't and you also knew that it was pretty much unreadable as after you had finished it somebody had decided to rip the pages out to use as cigarette rollers.

You had taken it upon yourself to try and cheer her up as even though you didn't really know her, you had always felt a connection with her, and you hoped she felt the same. You walked over to where she was sat and perched on the end of the bed.

"Go away." She spoke quite bluntly, and her eyes fixated on the words.

"Oh, come on. Tell me what's wrong, we're both in prison so it can't be that bad."

"You're not funny, you now. If you're trying to cheer me up then self-deprecating humour isn't the way to go about it." Her slender finger flicked the page over but once she realised it was a jump of about twenty pages she gave up and flung the book onto her pillow. She continued to pretend that you weren't there by throwing herself backwards onto the bed and staring up at the ceiling.

"You can't just sit on your bed all day, every day. Come on, it's shower time."

"I don't want a shower."

"No, but you need one. I've seen people stabbed in here for less than being a bit stanky so come on. Even if you just stand under the water for a few minutes it's better than nothing."

"Nope. I don't want to."

"Yeah well, you need to. Don't make me drag you over there, you know I will."

"You can't make me, you can't make me do anything."

"I'm doing this for you. I don't know why you're in this depressive slump but we need to tackle it before it becomes something worse. These things just don't fix themselves so get your ass up and into the shower."

For the first time in three days she looked up at you. "We all get a bit depressed in here Brook. It's up to us to keep ourselves sane."

"Fine. I'll shower. But if you are just doing this to get a peek, I am not going to be happy."

~*~

Written by Aaron.