Artesian McCullough- Riot (c)

"Artesian," you called out as you ran across the grass from the crowd towards the group of COs' in gowns and makeshift clothing.

"Please stay back Miss," one of the guards stated but you shot him a glare and continued walking. He grabbed you to stop you but when she called out to allow you through, he backed down.

You sped up until you were able to wrap your arms around her, ignoring her colleagues. Of course, you were glad that they were all alive and well but Artesian was your girlfriend, so your focus was on her alone.

"I was so worried," you stated. "Are you okay?"

She nodded her head against your neck, not looking up, just allowing her arms to stay wrapped around you. It'd been four days since the riot started up within Lichfield Penitentiary where Artesian worked, her along with her colleagues were all captured and held against their will by the prisoners. Knowledge of what was occurring within the walls was limited to what the prisoners allowed to be told.

Even though someone you loved was caught in the cross hairs, left without your knowledge of whether she was okay, you agreed with their demands. They wanted to be rehabilitated and treated like humans. It wasn't as though they were asking for luxuries, but a semi-decent wage, access to health care and reasonable living standards was more than reasonable to ask for. However, you knew that Lichfield was now a business and the inmates were commodities, they weren't going to get their demands.

"I've missed you so much," you said, kissing her blond hair.

"I missed you too," she responded, raising her head, her eyes red as a single tear fell.

"It's going to be okay, you're safe now," you smiled softly, wiping a thumb underneath her eye to remove the tear that had started to trickle from it.

She nodded her head, taking a deep breath. Artesian moved to wipe her eyes with the back of her hands. A clearly fake smile curled onto her lips as she attempted to present herself as okay. You had no idea what she had gone through, but you doubted that any of it was good.

"I'm okay Y/N," she assured. "I just need to have a shower and wear my pyjamas and eat proper food and get away from here for a while."

You smiled at her. "Let's get them to talk to you and then we will go home and do all of that."

"Thank you."

~*~

Writtne by Charlotte.