14

When Mark woke up Donghyuck had already packed his stuff and left the room. He sat up in his bed and held his head in his hands. Maybe he shouldn't have kissed Donghyuck right after confessing to him. Maybe Donghyuck hated him for stealing a kiss without permission.

A small knock was heard from the door, and Mark was snapped out of his thoughts. He got out of the bed and walked over to the door, hoping to see Donghyuck. But obviously, it wasn't him.

"Jungwoo hyung..." Mark said, trying his best to hold in his disappointment. "Are we leaving now?"

Jungwoo nodded and then entered the room to help Mark pack his stuff. The two didn't say anything the whole time. Mark closed his bag, and Jungwoo then zipped it up. Before Mark could pick up the bag, Jungwoo held it done and stared at Mark straight in the eyes.

"What did you do to Haechan?" Jungwoo asked. "He's literally been so on edge all morning"

Mark sighed and just shook his head. He sat down on the bed and softly slapped his own cheeks a few times.

"I kissed him and told him that I like him."

There was a long silence between the two. Jungwoo froze on the stop and his eyes widened.

"Wait, you're gay? Since when?" Jungwoo asked, sitting next to Mark. "Actually forget that. Do you regret doing it?"

Mark shook his head and looked up at Jungwoo with sad eyes. He didn't regret kissing Donghyuck, because he sure did like it, but he did somewhat regret it since their friendship was at an awkward position now.

"Then don't worry" Jungwoo said, patting Mark's back. "Just give Haechan some space and you'll see that he'll realise his feelings for you as well."

Mark honestly doubted that. He was pretty sure Donghyuck had no feelings for him, especially after that shocked and disgusted reaction he got. Mark felt like just sinking into the ground at this point.

"Come on" Jungwoo said, getting up and grabbing Mark's wrist, picking him up as well. "We need to go home now."

When Mark and Jungwoo reached the ground floor, the other members had already gotten into coach. Donghyuck had made himself home next to Taeil and was already fast asleep, as if he hadn't slept all night. Mark sighed and sat next to Johnny. The two didn't talk about anything that had happened the day before. Johnny could see how sad and tired Mark was, and didn't want to push it any further.

☀️

Mark has never felt this happy to not be sharing a room with Donghyuck. Except for when they had to change rooms 2 years ago. He ran into his room and collapsed onto it, sinking deeper into the mattress by the second.

He wasn't sleepy, or tired anymore. He got enough sleep in the coach. They were allowed to take the rest of the day off, as it was still part of their holiday, but they had to go back to practice from tomorrow onwards.

Dream were going to have a comeback soon, so Donghyuck was not going to be with them for practice tomorrow, and Mark was extremely happy for that. Even though he wanted to talk to Donghyuck, he also didn't want to face him.

"What's wrong with you?" Doyoung asked, entering the room and throwing his bag to the side of the room. Mark simply ignored him and stuffed his face into his pillow. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. "Alright then."

Doyoung turned around and left the room, closing the door behind him quite loudly. The ringing of the sound remained in Marks ears until he snapped out of his thoughts. He had to fix his friendship with Donghyuck. That was the most important thing at the moment.

An idea popped into Mark's head and he quickly got off of his bed, instantly regretting it as the blood rushed to his head and he nearly tripped.

"Is that some kind of dance?"

Mark looked up from the floor and saw Jaemin.

"When did you come?" Mark asked, getting up from the floor, slowly this time. "And when did you open my door?"

"I just came a while ago" Jaemin said, entering the room and sitting on Mark's bed. "And again, just opened the door a while ago."

Mark nodded and then sat next to Jaemin.

"So what brings you here? And in my room specifically" Jaemin looked up at Mark and then back down at his lap. He waited a few seconds before clearing his throat and turning back to Mark.

"So Haechan hasn't been replying to us at all, and he's not letting anyone in his room either. What's going on?" Jaemin questioned, eyeing Mark closely.

"I kissed him" Mark said, not feeling any embarrassment anymore, since he had repeated it so many times, mostly in his own head. Jaemin choked on air and then looked at Mark with wide eyes.

"You did WHAT?" Jaemin shook his head and then shook Mark's shoulders. "Why did you do that?"

"Because I like him, and wanted to tell him that" Mark said, this time a bit more shy with the idea. Jaemin sat back and then sighed. He muttered a few words under his breath, something along the lines of, 'then why is he sad', before finally getting off Mark's bed.

"I'm going to force Donghyuck to speak to me"

Now, whenever Jaemin said Donghyuck's real name, that meant that he was going to talk about serious stuff. And Jaemin, is never serious.

"Don't force him" Mark said, following after Jaemin, as they walked through the corridor to Donghyuck's room. Jaemin waved at Mark and pushed him away.

"I will. Now go away, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see you right now" Jaemin said, putting his hand on Donghyuck's room door and then trying to open it. "DONGHYUCK OPEN THE DOOR."

Within seconds, Jaemin was pulled into the room and Mark was left alone in the hallway. He sighed and then turned back to his room.

Now, time for him to get on with his plan.