Gold and Silver Slytherin

The tension in the house was so thick, it could be cut with a knife. Since their previous argument, Draco and Harry had hardly seen each other. It had only been a day since their fight but Harry missed their banter. Harry had made exactly four attempts to talk to Draco and all of them had been unsuccessful. The second that he got close to the blond, Draco would run off.

That was why Hermione was sitting across from him at the breakfast table, drinking a coffee, and listening to everything that Harry said as he recounted the entire argument .

“Pansy always wears a bandage around her mark.” Hermione said with a sigh. “I just don’t know what to say, Harry. You two really should try to get along better.”
“Hermione-”
“Granger.” Draco swept into the kitchen, giving her a curt smile. Teddy was on his hip. Today, the toddler’s hair was bright red, his eyes Draco’s shade of silver. Hermione immediately went over and took Teddy from him, hugging the kid. She leaned over and whispered:

“Talk. To. Him.”

Draco shuddered. He hated whispering. It made his skin crawl. Not to mention that Hermione Granger was scary as fuck. He knew that there was a threat behind her words. She would probably send Pansy after him. He had witnessed that before. It was horrifying. He was certain that he had had nightmares at least twice.

He still decided to keep his facade, rolling his eyes and scowling at her. He held his cousin close, sweeping off to the kitchen so he could have the house elves make him and Teddy breakfast.

Harry looked at Hermione hopelessly. He had no idea what to do? How the hell was he supposed to make up with Draco if the Slytherin wouldn’t even look his way?

Hermione gave him a shrug in return. He didn’t have to talk for her to know what that look meant. “Well, I’m off! I’ll say hi to Pansy for you, Draco.” Hermione called.

There wasn’t any response.

She just ignored it and grabbed her bag. “Figure it out, Harry. I know you can. But don’t let it affect Teddy, okay?” She leaned over and kissed his cheek, giving him a hug. Then she stood and was gone  before Harry could respond.

Draco came back into the dining nook a few minutes after Hermione had left. He put Teddy into the high chair and sat down, summoning a mug of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal for Teddy.

Harry looked at him, stunned that Draco was sitting right across from him. He opened his mouth to say something to Draco but the Malfoy heir leveled him with a cold, angry glare.

“Malfoy-” Then he sighed and pointed to Draco’s arm.

Draco looked down in a bit of surprise then yanked his sleeve down, his cheeks going pink. He ignored Harry and started feeding Teddy the oatmeal. His hair, ungelled and fluffy, fell into his face a little bit. His eyes were a soft silver, slightly lit up as he fed Teddy. The sun streaming through the window making his  his entire form seem to glow. A tiny smile was tugging on the corner of his lips. He looked… peaceful. Beautiful.

Harry went red, stunned by his own thoughts. He stood up and practically ran to the kitchen as a way to hide how adorably embarrassed he was.

Draco looked after him in confusion before he shook his head. He smiled when Teddy turned his hair black. He ruffled Teddy’s hair before continuing to feed him. “I won’t let them hurt you, little cousin. I won’t let anything happen to you. You adorable little shit.”