Making Up

“Harry James Potter!” Draco barked down the hall. This was the thirteenth time that Draco had to wake up to take care of Teddy. Not that he minded taking care of the toddler, he was just tired of being the only one to wake up and take care of him. Teddy started to cry more and Draco held the little boy closer, gently bouncing him on his hip.

The messy haired Gryffindor eventually emerged from his room. “It’s three in the fucking morning, Malfoy.” He couldn’t help but blush a little. Draco looked so damn cute. His night shirt was a bit too big but it was a t-shirt so it didn’t hide his dark mark. He was wearing silk pajama pants and his hair was everywhere.

“You’re an ass. I never get to sleep!”

“How is that my problem?”

Draco practically growled in response. He held Teddy close and scowled. “It's unfair. I have to wake up every damn night and you don’t do anything.”

Harry sighed and leaned against the wall. It was usually better to just let Malfoy rant it out. But after at least a minute of Draco’s griping, Harry couldn’t take it anymore. “Dammit, Draco! Can’t you stop whining for one fucking minute! This is why we never get along! You could’ve just told me rationally, not screaming at me at three in the damn morning.” He braced himself, waiting for Draco to fight back. He didn’t mean to snap at Draco and he immediately felt guilty. “Malfoy-” He was shocked to see the look on Draco’s face. The blond looked shocked and… hurt. Like… someone who had just been slapped by someone they cared about. He sighed and opened his mouth to apologize when Draco raised a hand and slapped him, hard, on the shoulder. Teddy was crying horribly loud.

“Go fuck yourself, Chosen One. Or better yet, just leave me and my cousin alone.” Draco stormed off, holding Teddy to his side. “Shhh, it’s okay, Little One. Everythings okay.” He said in a soft voice as he went into the room and closed the door.

Harry swore and flinched, leaning more against the wall before he sighed and went back to his room, climbing under the covers. He felt horrible. He just kept making things worse! How was he going to fix this…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfast was eaten in silence. Harry fed Teddy dry Cheerios while Draco sipped his coffee, his face buried in whatever potions book he was currently reading. In the two months that the two had been living together, Harry had learned that Draco’s reading materials mostly consisted of potions books. He had tried to ask Draco why but the blond had only scowled at him and stalked away.

Draco was reading in an attempt to hide how hurt he really was from last night. After all, his childhood idol and his longtime crush had yelled at him once again. He told himself that he should be used to it considering what their relationship was like when they were in school.

Harry sighed. He still felt so damn guilty. Usually Draco would come to the breakfast table and gripe to Harry about whatever shit the Daily Prophet had just written.

“You’re going to have to watch Teddy for a few hours.”

Harry startled. It was the first words from Draco that he had heard since last night.

“And clean up that mess of your room. I went in there yesterday and nearly had a panic attack. At this rate, you’ll manage to have boggarts hiding underneath the piles of shit you don’t put away.”

Harry couldn’t hide the small smile he had on his face. That was the Draco he knew. “Alright. Where are you going?”

“I have a hot date with this muggle bloke I met outside of the Ministry. Maybe I’ll fancy a shag in an alleyway.” Draco said in a deadpan voice. “Damn. Shows that you really don’t listen to me other than when I’m unable to ‘stop whining for one fucking minute’.”

Harry flinched but then frowned. A rush of anger and protectiveness flared up in Harry’s chest. Jealousy? “Wait, are you serious?!”

“No, of course I’m not,Potter.” He stood up and spelled his mug away, brushing dust off his pants before he moved closer to him. “I have to go to the Ministry today. They…” His voice dropped and he swallowed hard. “They want to retry my father.”

Harry scowled. Then got suspicious. Why wasn’t Draco excited about that? From what he had heard, Draco and his father were… like… well… Them! Malfoys!

“My thoughts exactly.” Draco mumbled. Then he sighed and kissed Teddy’s head. “I should be back before lunch.”

“I think we should share a room.”

“What?!” Draco went red and turned away quickly to compose himself. “What the hell are you talking about?”

“Last night… I didn’t mean to snap at you. And… I’m sorry about that. I really am. You’re right though. You’ve been taking the night shift with Teddy all the time. I know that dealing with him and his nightmares can be difficult. But I want to take care of him too. My room is farther from his room. I can’t hear when he’s crying. So… I could move into your room. We would have my bed moved in of course.” He waited to hear Draco’s response.

“As long as you keep your half clean and don’t touch my shit.” Draco looked over his shoulder at him. “Thank you. That would be helpful.”

Harry gave him a smile which quickly turned to surprise when he saw that Draco’s cheeks went slightly pink.

“I had the house elves make you pancakes. I know you like them.” Draco said before he hurried out the door, leaving a  stunned and confused Harry behind.

Draco's face was Gryffindor red as he walked down the path to the front gate. From there, he apparated to a shadowcovered alleyway and started off towards the entrance to the Ministry. “F u C k. Now I have to tell Blaise about this.” He thought.