Morgane Malfoy

Draco had never been more thankful that his father was behind bars. He glared at the older Malfoy, making sure to look calm and composed despite how scared he was. He knew that if he was in the cell with his father then he would’ve already been hit.

“Teddy is my cousin. And I am raising him. Having Potter in the picture wasn’t ideal but it’s already happened and I am not going back on what I’ve done. My life isn’t yours to control anymore.” Draco said cooly, trying to resist the urge to itch at his binder. It was hurting like hell. It usually didn’t but being around his father made him feel suffocated.

“So you’ve managed to survive by turning yourself into Harry Potter’s lapdog. Do you seriously think that little paradise is going to last long? The second he learns who you truly are, you’ll come crawling back to me and your mother.”

“My intention isn’t ‘paradise’. I want to raise my cousin right. Not like what you did with me.” Draco responded calmly. He crossed his arms. “You look like shit, Father.” He scowled.

“You’re going to regret this, Morgane.”

Draco flinched at his birth name. He was named after Morgan le Fay, a powerful enchantress who was related to King Arthur. His parents had hoped that he would be just as powerful as her. He despised his birth name. He had started calling himself Draco after the constellation. His mother was unconcerned at first, same with his father. They remained unconcerned until he cut his hair.

“Is that a threat, Father?” He forced himself to look unimpressed. He stepped closer to the bars. “I don’t think that you are in a  position to be issuing threats. After all, you’re the one inside the cell. And I’m the one who lives with the most well known wizard in the entire wizarding world. I think you can work things out about which one of us has more power here.” He reached for his cloak, pulling it on. “I am NOT Harry Potter’s lapdog. He is my friend.” He added before he swept from the room, ignoring his father yelling after him.

He tried to ignore all the glares he got as walked towards the exit of the Ministry. He knew that his reputation was awful. After all, he was a death eater. It didn’t matter if he had been forced into getting the mark. To them, it didn’t matter. To them, it didn’t matter that he had lied in order to save Harry Potter’s life.

Walking down the street, he was relieved to be around the muggles. He didn’t hate them, he just acted like he did. Their obliviousness was refreshing. They didn’t glare at him as he passed (though he got a few odd looks for his cloak).

‘Is Father right?’ He thought as he walked. ‘Would Harry hate me if he knew that I wasn’t who he thinks I am?’
He sighed. “He already hates me.” He mumbled. “It doesn’t matter who I used to be.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Blaise, open your fucking door, you little shit.” Draco called, banging on the door again. Ever since Blaise’s mother had been killed in the Battle of Hogwarts, Blaise had been living in the old Zabini mansion. Like Draco and Pansy, Blaise had been forced to get the dark mark. He had taken the mark so that he could keep Draco and Pansy safe. All three Slytherins had formed a little family when they were seven years old. Both Pansy and Draco had seen Blaise as an older brother. They hadn’t even questioned Draco when he had cut his hair or showed up covered in bruises or even when he asked them to stop calling him Morgane.

It was kind of their thing. To always be together. To always look out for each other. That was what had made Draco join the death eaters. His father forced him to. And threatened to hurt Blaise and Pansy if he didn’t join. Pansy had been forced to join by her parents. They hoped that the death eaters would overlook the fact that Pansy liked girls if they thought that Pansy was one of them. Blaise was the only one who hadn’t been forced by a parent to join the death eaters ranks. Draco never stopped feeling guilty that Blaise had joined the death eaters because of him.

“Blaise! I swear-”

The door opened and Blaise glowered at him. “I was in the middle of something.”

Draco raised an eyebrow at him and swept past, tossing his cloak onto one of the hangars in the entrance hall. “Good afternoon to you too.”

“I could’ve been busy with someone.” Blaise accused, following Draco to a sitting room and plopping down across from Draco in an armchair.

“That’s bullshit. You’ve been smitten with Weasley since you saw him at Pansy’s wedding.” Draco teased. “Not to mention I know your abstinence rules.”

Blaise shrugged. “I’m not going to be like my mother. And it has been longer than that.” He said, his voice calm. “So what did you do that almost gave away your undying love for the chosen one?”

“I don’t have undying love for him!” Draco’s face went red and he tried to kick Blaise’s shin but Blaise avoided it. “It’s a stupid crush that I had a long time ago. It’s not ‘undying love’.”

“It's been… 13 years now?” The darker skinned boy said with a smirk.

“Shut it.”

Blaise laughed and shook his head. “I’m teasing you, Dray. But usually you tell me before you barge into the house.”

“He wants to share a room.” Draco said with a sigh. “We got into this huge fight last night because Teddy has nightmares all the time and I’m the only one that wakes up to comfort him. He yelled at me and I smacked him. In the morning we talked about the fight and the Teddy thing and he recommended that we should share my room.” Draco groaned and hid his face in his hands. “He’s just playing with me at this point. Fucking oblivious Potter. So, now I’m going to be sharing a room with him.”

“So? You’re head over heels for him, Dray. Being in the same room might… move things along. It also might lead to-”

“Don’t. Don’t start, Zabini.” Draco groaned again and closed his eyes. “Kill me.”