Seeing You In A New Light

This is really long but I couldn't help writing it because it is just so damn adorable.

_________________________________________________

Draco came home to a dark house. He had said that he would be back by lunch but talking with Blaise and eventually Pansy too had taken longer than he thought. He was a bit nervous to see that there wasn’t a single light on that he could see.

Opening the door and cautiously peeking in, he couldn’t see anything. He fumbled for the light switch. He hated the lights sometimes, but he couldn’t help but admit that it was incredibly useful. Even if they could get a bit fickle sometimes due to the magic currents in the house. Wincing from the surge of light in his eyes, he took off his cloak and hung it up on the hangar.

He didn’t like to admit that he was scared of the dark. Not too scared… just… wary. He always felt like a death eater would appear in their signature black clouds. His hand tightened on his wand and he started to approach the dark corridor, away from the bright entrance hall.

After being jumpscared twice by snoring paintings of his family (excluding his parents. And the portrait of his godfather that was always empty), he finally got to the living room. He instantly lit up in fury. The devil picture box was on! What did Harry call it? Tee-vee? Dammit Potter! Teddy had a bed time! He stormed into the room, preparing for a long, scolding speech but froze when he saw Harry and Teddy curled up on the couch, fast asleep, The toddler had his tiny fists knotted in Harry’s shirt and was drooling on Harry’s arm. Smiling to himself, Draco scooped up the sleeping toddler, gently releasing Harry’s shirt from Teddy’s grasp.

Harry stirred sleepily, opening his eyes. Since his glasses were off, he couldn’t see much more than a blurred shape. A swath of silver with a little slash of electric blue. By the time he had gotten his glasses on and realized that it was Draco carrying Teddy, the Slytherin had already left the room.

Draco used his hip to nudge the door to Teddy’s door open, holding his wand between his teeth so he could see. He held Teddy close as he went over to the child's6 crib. It was a slightly bigger one than most babies used and it had a light blanket, not like a baby would have. Draco had a special crib made for the toddler. He gently laid Teddy down and pulled the blanket over Teddy’s body, not covering the kid’s face.

Harry stood, stretching out his back, legs, and neck. His muscles were stiff from laying in such an awkward position. Once he was all loosened up, he followed Draco and Teddy, rubbing his eyes as he went. He stopped when he saw Draco.

The Malfoy heir looked beautiful, framed by the moonlight. It turned his hair silver and made his pale skin glow. His face was so soft and loving as he watched his little cousin sleep. When Draco saw Harry, his cheeks bloomed a soft pink. He was stunned by seeing Harry’s face bright red. He soon looked down at his cousin. “He’s so small… can you believe someone so small will someday be as big as us?” He said in such a soft, sweet voice. The toddler was sucking his thumb, his hair bright blue, looking so peaceful and cute as he slept.

“Hopefully more like my size.” Harry teased. “You’re kinda tiny.”

Draco gave him an unimpressed look. “Ha ha, very funny, Potter.” He hated that Harry had grown taller than him. He wasn’t that short. He was actually quite tall. But Harry made him feel so small. He gently brushed some of Teddy’s hair off of the toddler’s forehead.

“C’mon Malfoy, let the kid sleep.” Harry said with a small smile.

Draco nodded, turning off the light so the only light in the room was three different night lights and the moonlight. He made sure that the windows were locked, physically and with charms, before he finally left the room. He went to his room, surprised that Harry’s bed was already there. “Don’t worry, I didn’t touch anything.” Harry teased, getting into his bed.
“You’re not allowed to use my bathroom or my closet.” Draco demanded. “Or leave your side of the room a mess. And absolutely NO Gryffindor colors in my bedroom.”