Part Seven: Punishment

Professor McGonagall entered the infirmary and asked the two to follow her back to her office. When they made it back, she had them sit back down.

"I and some professors have made a difficult decision to punish Rex Thomas. We have decided to expel him so that he doesn't hurt anyone else. With or without magic."

Scorpius asked, "Expel him? Like, break his wand and everything?"

"Yes, " McGonagall answered with a nod. "This hasn't happened in years. We can't risk him hurting anyone with magic, which can do far worse damage than just physical."

Albus asked, "When?"

"Tomorrow."
Scorpius and Albus nodded. Scorpius' throat felt too dry. His tongue was parched.

"You are allowed to attend the Breaking Ceremony if you want to. Both of your fathers will attend, Mr. Potter because he is the head Auror and Mr. Malfoy because you, Scorpius, are the victim."
Scorpius nodded.

           **********************

Scorpius and Albus decorated their dorm entirely in honor of Halloween. They had enchanted jack-o-lanterns that didn't get old, they had paper bats fluttering around every so often.
Scorpius was sitting at his desk, reading a book when he felt Albus' arms wrap around him carefully so that he didn't hurt Scorpius' arm. Albus rested his chin on the spot between Scorpius' shoulder and neck, humming a song and sending a pleasant vibrating sensation onto Scorpius' neck with his mouth.

"Mmm, " Scorpius mumbled, leaning his head onto Albus'. "Albus..."

"Scorpius, does your father know about...?"

"No, but I'm sure he won't be angry. Does yours know?"

"..."

Albus didn't respond to Scorpius' question. He pulled his desk chair over and sat down next to him, leaning over his uninjured shoulder sexily.

"Albus?" Scorpius asked again. He turned his head and saw that Albus looked very sad. When Albus noticed Scorpius looking at him, he quickly ducked his head, hiding his eyes behind his bangs.

"He...doesn't know. I don't think he wants to know anyway."

Scorpius held onto Albus' hand and let Albus continue.

 "He gets angry at me over the simplest things. Like if I listen to muggle music. Or if I buy muggle clothes. Or even if I buy robes or anything that I really want. I just..." Albus took his hand from Scorpius and held his head as if it might explode. "I can't..."

Albus put one hand over his mouth and squeezed his eyes shut, trying to keep the sob and the tears in. A small whimper escaped from Albus' lips and Scorpius tried to console his boyfriend, but that only made it worse.

"I don't wanna..." Albus mumbled and he stood up, facing away from Scorpius.

"Albus, it's okay---"

"It's not okay!" Albus yelled, spinning around. Tears were streaming from his eyes and Scorpius could feel his heartbreak. "It's not...okay at all, Scorpius!"

"Albus, calm---"

Albus interrupted and yelled, "I hate him! I absolutely hate him!"
Scorpius stood up and put his hands on Albus' shoulders. "Albus, " Scorpius started calmly. "I'm sorry."

Albus hung his head low and said, "No, I'm sorry. Don't apologize because of me."

Scorpius placed his hands on Albus' wet cheeks and said, "We don't have to tell them. I just wanted to tell my dad that I'm gay. We don't have to tell them yet."