Part Twenty: Love

Albus woke up before Scorpius the next morning and slid out from under his covers carefully so that he wouldn't accidentally wake Scorpius up. He admired how cute Scorpius was while he slept; his pink lips were parted slightly, his eyebrows were furrowed slightly,  and his pale hair was messy from sleep.

Albus tugged the blanket up to Scorpius' chin so that he wouldn't get cold and gave him a light kiss on his forehead. He sat down in Scorpius' desk chair and dipped the end of his quill in ink. He wrote as much as he could, trying to fit the correct words in minimal sentences, not wanting to ramble or say the wrong thing.

Albus heard Scorpius moving around in his bed but didn't think anything of it. He continued to write, mouthing out what he was writing to himself. Albus felt two small hands massage his shoulders.

"Scoot back a little bit, " Scorpius quietly requested. Albus did so and Scorpius slid onto Albus' lap, wrapping his arms around his neck, resting his head on Albus' chest. "Thanks."

"You're sitting on my lap and the first thing you say is 'thanks'?"

Scorpius mumbled into Albus' sweatshirt, "What do you want me to say? 'Oh, thank you so much, Albus the gracious. Thank you so much for letting me sit on your lap.' Is that better?"

"Much better, " Albus replied, kissing Scorpius' neck.

Scorpius asked sleepily, "What are you doing?"

"Trying to figure out what to tell them, "

"Oh, okay, " Scorpius yawned, closing his eyes against Albus. "What are you saying?"

"That I know what I'm doing and it's not a phase or whatever and that..."

" 'And that' what?" Scorpius asked, feeling himself slowly falling asleep against Albus.

"And that I love you and they can fuck off if they don't support me."

"You...love me?"

"Of course I do."

Scorpius whispered, "I love you too."

Albus smiled and continued to write as Scorpius fell back asleep against him. The bedroom door opened a few minutes later, making Albus look up from his paper, seeing Draco standing there.

"Is he asleep?" Draco whispered, knowing Scorpius was somewhat of a light sleeper.

Albus answered, "Yeah, "

Draco whispered, "I need to pay a visit to a relative and will be gone until tomorrow afternoon before we bring you back to your home. Vimy can prepare food whenever you two are hungry, you can go outside but not to the Muggle village."

Albus nodded as Draco continued.

"If you two do go out, be back before dusk. Scorpius knows the rules. Can you tell him I'll be gone for a day when he wakes up?"

"Yeah, " Albus replied but corrected himself when he remembered he was talking to his boyfriend's father while his boyfriend was asleep on his lap. "I mean...yes, sir."

Draco smiled and added before closing the door, "Don't do anything stupid."

Albus smiled back and waved goodbye to Draco. Albus exhaled and ran his hand up and down Scorpius' back. Scorpius shivered and Albus put his stolen sweater over Scorpius' head, feeling somewhat happy when it looked large on his slender frame. Albus felt Scorpius nuzzle into his chest, making Albus blush slightly.

Albus finished writing and put the quill back into Scorpius' little cup of quills and looked at the clock, seeing it was only ten am. Albus felt lighter somehow. Maybe writing out his feelings made it that way.

Albus felt Scorpius reposition himself to a more comfortable position on Albus' lap, his hand slipping into the back opening of his sweatshirt, his cool hand resting against Albus' warm skin. Albus debated waking Scorpius up for about ten minutes before Scorpius tilted his head and said groggily, "Hey, "

"Hey, sleepy head, " Albus laughed.

Scorpius smiled and asked slowly, "Did you finish, uh, writing?"

"Yeah, " Albus answered.

"That's great, " Scorpius yawned.

"Your father said that he had to see a relative and would be back tomorrow afternoon before you two would drop me off."

Scorpius nodded, frowning slightly. "Wait, he came in here?"

"Yeah, " Albus said. "He asked if you were sleeping and told me about some relative, being back tomorrow evening, and some rules."

Scorpius looked up at Albus through his eyelashes and mumbled, "How long was I asleep?"

"On me or in general?" Albus asked with a laugh. "Just over an hour."

Scorpius covered his embarrassed face with his hands and groaned, "Sorry, I..."

"It's fine."

Scorpius leaned back and looked at the sweater that Albus had put on him and smiled, blushing sweetly. Scorpius hugged Albus happily and gushed, "You told me that you love me."

"Yeah, I did, " Albus replied, hugging Scorpius back. "I do. I really, really do."

"I really, really do too, " Scorpius cooed, holding Albus' face in his hands. Scorpius' eyes shone as he traced Albus' jawline with his forefinger on his left hand, his right hand on his cheek. Albus' hands traveled up his thighs gripping the hem of the sweater that Scorpius was wearing.

Albus' hands gripped Scorpius' hips, making him gasp from euphoria. Albus kissed Scorpius parting his lips with his own, pulling him close against his body.

A loud whip-like crack made Scorpius jump back, landing against the desk, not falling but definitely about to.

"Young Master Malfoy, I ---"

"Vimy, you can't knock?!" Scorpius yelled angrily, causing both Vimy and Albus to start. Scorpius climbed off of Albus and cruised his arms.

Vimy bowed her head and croaked, "I will stick my hands and legs in the fireplace to make it up to you, Young Master Malfoy."

Scorpius signed, "No, Vimy. Don't do that. I'm sorry. Just...knock at the door and wait for me to invite you in before you come in."

Vimy nodded and Albus added, "Sorry, Vimy. If you want, can you make some pancakes? We'll be down once we get dressed."

Vimy instantly perked up, saluting Albus. "Yes, Mr. Potter and Young Master Malfoy." Vimy then left the room with another crack.

Albus stood up and gave Scorpius a kiss on the forehead before leaving him alone. He walked to the guest room and changed into simple blue jeans and a dark green hoodie with a leather jacket over it. Scorpius knocked on the door just as Albus was pulling a comb from his bag.

Scorpius threw his arms around Albus' neck, hugging him. Albus laughed, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I just wanted to hug you!"

Albus smiled and hugged him back, wishing he could hold him forever.