Part Sixteen: Together

Albus looked at Scorpius in thought.

"Maybe...if we break it slowly. Or maybe fast. Like pulling off a bandaid."

Scorpius chuckled and said, "Maybe slow would be better."

Scorpius poked his bead around the corner and said, "Father? Uhm, can I speak with you?"

"You don't have to ask, Scorpius. What do you need?" Draco asked kindly, putting the paper down with a smile.

Scorpius stepped around the corner, looking back at Albus, who was staying behind. Scorpius tilted his head towards his father and waves his hand for Albus to follow. Albus' emerald eyes showed hesitation. 

"Scorpius? What, uh, what are you doing?"

Scorpius smiled at his father and said, "Nothing, " He shot Albus a look and walked to his father, sitting down on the spotless, white couch adjacent to the armchair his father was in. "I need to tell you something, um...very important. I'm not sure how you will...react. Um..."

Scorpius looked back at the corner, seeing Albus' head peeking from behind it nervously. Albus took a shaky breath and turned the corner, taking a small step back when Draco's grey eyes rested on Albus. Scorpius smiled widely.

Albus walked quickly and sat down nervously next to Scorpius, wringing his hands together and looking down at the ground.

"Do you both have something to tell me?"

"Kind of, " Scorpius admitted. "But it's more like...one thing."

Draco sat patiently, looking at how nervous Albus was. He narrowed his eyes and asked, "Did you two do something bad?"

Scorpius quickly shook his head and waved his hands in front of his chest, all the while saying, "No, no. It's not like that, "

Draco asked, "So you won't be in trouble if you tell me?"

Scorpius rubbed the back of his suddenly itchy neck, looked down at his knees, and answered quietly, tears coming to his eyes, "I don't know..."

Meanwhile, Albus was trembling. He couldn't help it. He was scared for his literal life and more nervous than anything.

Scorpius gave himself a moment, taking a few deep breaths before he resumed.

"There's been something that I -we- wanted to tell you because we---"

"Don't add me into this if it's not necessary, " Albus interjected, keeping his head in his hands. He rubbed his eyes and said, "Sorry. I'm sorry, "

"It's fine, Albus, " Scorpius said sweetly. He looked back at his father and continued, "There was something that I wanted to te---"

"We, " Albus interjected.  "I -we...continue. Sorry."

Scorpius laughed and said, "Okay we wanted to tell you that... Uh, you know that I'm gay."

Draco nodded and answered, "Yes, "

"Well...Albus and I are together...in a relationship."

Scorpius didn't look up into in father's face. Couldn't, more like it. Albus kept his head down, staring off into space while looking at the sleek, dark floors. Albus instinctively crept his hand towards Scorpius', touching his soft hand before pulling away.

"How long?"

"Almost three and a half months, " Albus answered shakily, feeling as if he was going to vomit.

Draco started to say, "I'm not very sure that ---"

"Dad, " Scorpius quickly interrupted, dropping from the couch onto his knees, his hands clasped together, tears spilling from his eyes, making the eyeliner run. "Dad, please. Please just hear us out! You can't ---!"