Part Fourteen: Malfoy Manor

The car ride to Malfoy Manor was relatively quiet aside from Scorpius occasionally pointing buildings or shops out to Albus. He looked around and marveled at the sights, for Albus Potter had never been on the wealthier side of London.

"Thank you again, Mr. Malfoy, for letting me come over."

"It was no problem, Albus, " Draco said with a wave of his hand. "And, please, call me Draco."

Albus nodded and glanced at Scorpius, who was trying to hide his smile.

As Draco turned the car down a dirt road in Wiltshire, Scorpius asked Albus, "What have you been doing at your house?"

"Nothing really, " Albus answered nonchalantly. "Mostly talking to James."

Scorpius nodded but could tell that Albus was being absolutely truthful. He heard Albus gasp as he saw the Manor. Scorpius smiled to himself.

The two got out of Mr. Malfoy's sleek white Porsche and Scorpius led Albus to the front door, which opened, seemingly, on its own accord. When the two made it inside, a small creature with bat-like ears and large amber eyes bowed down to both Scorpius and Albus, then to Draco as he walked in behind them.

"Welcome back, Master Malfoy and Young Master Malfoy, " the creature said, it's long nose touching the shiny dark-wood floor. The creature turned and bowed to Albus, saying, "Welcome, Mr. Potter."

"Uhm, " Albus coughed and whispered to Scorpius as quietly as possible, not knowing how well this unfamiliar creature could hear, "How does it know my name?"

"Vimy looks up to you Potter's, " Scorpius answered and said to the small creature, "Thank you, Vimy."

"What's a 'Vimy'?"

"She's a house elf, " Draco explained simply.

Scorpius said, "C'mon, Albus. I'll show you my room."

Albus followed Scorpius up a marble staircase and turned down a few corridors before stopping in front of a dark-wood door. He opened it and revealed a large bedroom with a queen-sized bed with a dark blue blanket, moving posters of the Slytherin crest, a window with thick, blue curtains, and fairy lights stretched across the ceiling.

Albus stepped farther in and saw a whole wall of bookcases that went from the floor the ceiling with books filling every space, organized according to the year they were made public. A large, dark desk with a few rolls of parchment, some containers of assorted inks, a jar of different quills, and a small stack of history books on the upper left corner sat in front of the window. A large walk-in closet was inside of another wall to the right.

"This is the biggest room I've ever seen, " Albus said in awe.

Scorpius laughed and said, "There's a guest room down the hall made up for you. Vimy took great care in making sure it was 'worthy of Harry Potter's son's eyes' so..."

Albus turned to Scorpius and asked, "A guest room?"

"Well, maybe just for the first night, " Scorpius explained nervously, wringing his hands together. "Since Father doesn't know about...us...yet."

Albus walked toward Scorpius, who looked up into Albus' emerald eyes, holding his smile back.

"What if your father just happens to find me sneaking into your room in the middle of the night?"

"I--I don't know..."

Albus smiled and kissed Scorpius passionately, only pulling away when Scorpius pulled on Albus' lip.

"You get cocky when you get what you want, " Albus murmured, though he was smiling.

Scorpius smiled back and said, "So do you, you weirdo."

Scorpius buried his face in the soft fabric of Albus' sweater, breathing in his sweet but masculine cologne. Albus leaned his face onto the top of Scorpius' head, smelling his shampoo, smiling when he thought of Scorpius with his stolen sweater.

"Where do you keep that sweater?"

Scorpius looked up at Albus and answered, blushing furiously, "Um, under my pillow."

Albus smiled and laughed light-heartedly. "You can keep it."

"It doesn't smell like your cologne anymore, " Scorpius murmured into Albus' chest shyly.

"I can put more on it, "

"It's your favorite sweater, though, Albus."

"Think of it as...an early Christmas present, " Albus said. "But I didn't being your real present with me. It wouldn't have for in my bag."

Scorpius smiled and said, "You didn't have to get me anything."

Albus asked with a mischievous smile, "And did Scorpius Malfoy get Albus Potter a present?"

Blush flooded Scorpius' cheeks and he rubbed the back of his suddenly itchy neck, saying, "I -- yeah. But only because you were at your uncle's shop! I didn't..." He trailed off as he watched Albus' smile grow.

"I was joking, Scorp, "

Scorpius shoved Albus and whined, "That wasn't funny, Al!"

Albus laughed, "You look cute when you're flustered."

Scorpius only grew more flustered and blushed harder when Albus said that, turning away, hiding a reluctant smile from Albus.

The two of them sat on Scorpius' bed and talked for hours upon hours, having Vimy bring ham sandwiches up for them.

At around eleven, Scorpius yawned into his elbow, though he tried to hide it from Albus. Too bad Albus' perfect vision was hyper-aware of everything Scorpius did.

"Maybe you should go to sleep, " Albus suggested, standing up and straightening his sweater.

"I'm not t-t-tired, though, " Scorpius tried to say, but he yawned again halfway through.

Albus laughed quietly and cupped Scorpius' face in his soft hands. "You seem pretty tired."

Scorpius leaned into Albus' hands and admitted, "I guess so..."

Albus gave Scorpius a kiss on the forehead and said, "I'll see you in the morning."

Scorpius nodded and stood. "I'll show you to the guest room."

Scorpius led Albus halfway down the corridor and opened a door, revealing a bedroom a little bit smaller than Scorpius' with an empty closet and a smaller desk. The bedsheets were white and the bed was nearly made. Albus set his bag on the desktop, giving Scorpius another quick hug.

"Good night, " Albus whispered.

Scorpius said before closing the door, "Good night, Albus."

Albus quickly changed into grey sweatpants and a grey sweatshirt turned off the light and climbed into the bed, almost groaning at how soft it was. He fell asleep within minutes.