the first morning

Wally woke up the next morning in an unfamiliar bed, taking a moment before it occurred to him that he was in Wayne Manor and would be for the next month. With a groan, Wally sat up in the plush bed and forced his body out from under the covers, standing up with a loud yawn. He made his way about his morning routine in record time, brushing his teeth and getting dressed, down the stairs and at the kitchen table all under thirty seconds, startling the other occupants slightly.

"Dude, y'know if you keep brushing your teeth that fast they are going to fall out?" Conner smirked, taking a bite out of the buttered toast on his plate.

"Nope, because to me that was two minutes."

"That...doesn't make sense but okay. Weird flex." Tim mumbled, taking a long sip of his coffee. When he put the mug down, he made eye contact with his older brother and opened his mouth to speak, only to be cut off before any words could fall out.

"No, Tim, we've been through this. Bruce said no friends over during the month. You can see Steph at school." Dick said definitively, a slight glare to his eyes as he stared down his brother.

Tim slammed his hands on the table. "That's so unfair! How come Cass gets to leave for the month but I can't have my only friend over?"

Damian snorted under his breath. "Only friend. If only they knew..." Artemis narrowed her eyes at the youngest brother, having been the only one to see him enter and hear his words.

Dick rolled his eyes. "Because Cass is an angel and can handle herself, you know that. Besides, its only a month. You can still talk to Steph on the phone and what not."

It was silent as the two brothers glared at each other, Tim being the first one to cave. He chugged the rest of his coffee, tossing the mug in the sink harshly. "Whatever. I'll be in the gym, don't bother me."

Dick waited until he knew Tim was out of earshot before he started to cackle, tears leaking out of his crinkled eyes. "Oh man, this ought to be good."

"What? What just happened?" M'gann asked, concern lacing her words as she watched where Tim disappeared from.

"Tim is going to sneak his ex into the manor. I wonder which route he is going to use this time." Dick wiped at his eyes.

"And you are just going to let him? What if she is dangerous?" Artemis glared, crossing her arms over her chest.

Damian snorted at that. "Yeah, Stephanie Brown is as dangerous as they come."

The team ignored the ten year old's sarcasm, focusing their attention on Dick, who smiled at his youngest brother. "Hey, you're not still upset she beat you at monopoly are you?" Damian cursed under his breath in Arabic, storming out of the room after muttering something about plotting revenge on the blonde. Dick chuckled, looking up at his confused team. "Hey, I'm all for Tim sneaking Steph in because if he 'sneaks her in' and he gets caught by Bruce, then I can truthfully say I had no part in it. And maybe Steph will bring Cass with her."

"Who is Cass, by the way?" Wally asked, starting on his third bowl of yogurt.

"Our sister." The team froze, staring at their charge with utter shock. "What?"

"We were not briefed on your sister. Why were we not briefed on your sister? How can we protect someone we know nothing about?" M'gann panicked, stopping only when Dick started to laugh again. "Why are you laughing? This is not funny!"

"It is hilarious, actually. You weren't briefed on Cassandra because you don't need to protect her. She can handle herself. Plus, she won't be staying at the manor, she will be staying with Steph for the month, only stopping by every now and then until Bruce returns." Dick smirked, spooning in a mouthful of cereal. "So relax before you have an anuersm."

I want to wipe that annoying smirk off this little shit's face.

Cool it, babe, we only have twenty nine and half days left of this.

No no, I'm with Artemis on this. Can I please hit him?

My friends, please, wait until the month is over. And do it in your civvies.

Whoa, hold the phone! Did Kaldur, our calm and collected leader, just give us permission to sock a rich snob in the face after the mission?

Don't make me take it back, Conner.

The team's mind link conversation was interrupted by Dick, who waved a hand in front of Artemis' face. "Hello? Anyone home?" When the archer slapped his hand away, Dick pouted and rubbed his sore hand. "Ouch, I was just checking. You guys were lost on me for a minute there. Anyways, feel free to have complete access to the manor, except of course our personal quarters. I'm going to go bother Tim now. Ta-ta!"

Dick sauntered out of the kitchen and down the corridors until he got to Tim's room, knowing he wasn't really going to the gym. He knocked, waiting until his younger brother opened the door before he walked in and closed it, locking it behind him. Dick turned to Tim and laughed, a mischievous smile coming to play on his face.

"What did you do?" Tim sighed, looking bored already.

"Oh, nothing yet, brother of mine." Dick sing songed. "But I have valuable information."

This piqued Tim's interest and he gestured for Dick to take a seat at his desk. "Do tell." Dick sat down, the gleam never leaving his eyes as he explained what he discovered. "So, we still have access to the mind link still? And they don't know we have access to the mind link because they have no clue who we are?"

Dick grinned wider. "Precisely."

"So when do the shenanigans begin?" The two teenaged Waynes jumped as Damian stood in the open doorway. "Don't look surprised, I know how to open every door in this mansion. I am the heir to -"

"The League of Shadows, we know." Tim rolled his eyes. "So, are you going to tell on us?"

Damian smirked, closing the door behind him. "No. I want in. Let's prank these heathens."

Tim feigned a heart attack. "What? Damian Al Ghul Wayne doing something fun?"

"Shut it, Drake, before I end your miserable life." Damian hissed.

Dick stepped between his two brothers, a stern look on his tan face. "Now, we can only do this if you two promise not to fight. Got it?"

Damian looked over at Tim, stubbornly sticking his hand out. "Truce?"

Tim shook his hand. "Truce. For now." He pulled his hand back, a wicked grin on his face. "Now let the shenanigans begin. And I know just who to start with."