target: acquired

"Where are those boys? I haven't seen them in awhile." M'gann spoke up as she entered the library where Kaldur was reading one of the Wayne's many, many old books.

"I'm not sure, but come look at this." The Atlantean gestured for M'gann to come look at the book he had in his hand, a curious expression plastered on his usually stoic face. When M'gann was by his side, he continued with his thoughts. "This is but one of many books on criminology that this library contains. Does that not strike you as odd?"

M'gann was quiet for a moment. "It does. But maybe Bruce Wayne is just really into Sherlock Holmes?" Kaldur shot her a look. "Hey, we aren't here to psychoanalyze our employer. We are here to protect the currently missing Wayne brothers. Now if you aren't too busy reading, maybe you would like to help me locate the brothers before they kill each other?"

Kaldur sighed but agreed, putting the book back on the shelf, making a mental note to return to the library. He followed M'gann out of the library and towards the dining room where the rest of the team was gathered, stern expressions waiting for him. Kaldur furrowed his brow, taking a seat at the head of the table. "My friends, do none of us know where the brothers are?"

"No. Not a clue." Wally grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. "I bet if Nightwing and Robin were here they would've found them already."

"Yeah, but they aren't, so it is up to us. Where could they be?" Artemis snapped, unaware of the eyes watching the scene from the very hidden camera in the light fixture.

The Wayne brothers snickered from their seats in the Batcave well below the manor as they watched their teammates squabble over whether they were taken or were just plain hiding. It was when Conner snapped at the team that Dick decided to speak up, addressing his two younger brothers.

"Tim, text Cass and Steph, let them know we are hiding out in the cave. Damian, you're up. You know what to do, right?" Damian tutted, shooting Dick a look of disdain. "Alright, alright, just had to double check."

Damian smirked wickedly, grabbing a blunted practice katana from the armory as he headed for the stairs. "There never should have been any doubt, Grayson. I am the true heir, after all." And with that, he disappeared into the manor, only his mission on his mind.

Tim rolled his eyes, turning to Dick with an exasperated look. "One day his ego is going to bite him in the ass."

"I know, but for now let's watch Damian work his magic on our team." Dick turned his attention back to the monitor, watching through the many planted cameras in the manor as Damian snuck through the shadows undetected, sneaking up on an unsuspecting Wally. "Oh, this ought to be good."

Wally was in the pool room, 'searching' for the brothers when Damian snuck up behind him and kicked his legs out from under him. Wally let out a high pitched screech, rolling over to see Damian holding the sword under his throat. "Looking for me, Kid Flash?"

"What are you doing, you psychopath?" Wally screamed, staring at the sword with wide eyes. In his head, he called out to the team using the mind link.

Guys, little demon has gone crazy! Being held at sword point!

Where are you?!

Pool!

Leave it to rich people to give a ten year old a sword! What the hell!

Tim snorted, shooting Dick an 'I told you so' look. Dick just shrugged in response, looking back at the screen to see Damian sneer at Wally.

"You five are so busy goofing off, you are out of practice. How can Father entrust my life to you heathens?" Damian smirked, bringing his blunted katana up and hitting Wally in the temple with the hilt, knocking him out instantly. Damian looked up at the camera, sending a wink to his brothers. "Do better than that, Drake."

Wally, where is the pool?

Wally, damnit, answer us?

Hello?

Oh, god, did the little brat kill him?

Artemis and Conner were the first ones to the pool room, bursting in just as Damian slunk out the window. They gasped when they saw Wally's unconscious body, running over to their teammate. "Wally! Oh, god!"

Found him, he has a pulse. But that little brat won't for longer.

Damian entered the cave as Kaldur and M'gann met up with the other two conscious members of the team, laughing when he saw their distressed expressions. Tim shot him a look. Damian rolled his eyes and tutted in return. "What? I did my part. I challenged their competence. Now it is your turn, Drake. Go play double agent."

"Yeah, put those acting skills to good use." Dick chuckled, patting Tim on the back as he walked towards the exit. Tim flipped his brothers off as he slipped out of the cave. Dick turned towards Damian, smiling softly at the youngest. "Good work, D."

Damian ignored him outwardly, but was glowing on the inside.

Tim made his way into the pool room to see his teammates huddled around Wally. He made a show of gasping loudly, covering his mouth as he looked at the scene in front of him. The team turned to look at him, Artemis growling and diving at the heir only to be held back by Kaldur. She snarled at Tim. "You! Your spazzy brother did this to my boyfriend!"

"Did what? What happened?" Tim asked, pretending to be scared of Artemis. He had seen her angrier than that and hadn't broken a sweat, but this was for the cause. Tim cautiously walked towards the group, gasping again when he saw the welt on Wally's forehead. "Ouch! Dick did that?"

"No, Damian." Conner grunted, glaring at the shorter teen. Tim bit back a laugh at Conner's attempt to look intimidating. He lived with Batman, for Gotham's sake. "Just attacked him for no reason."

"Ah, yeah that sounds like the demon spawn." Tim sighed, gesturing for the team to follow him out of the pool room. Conner picked Wally up, following Tim along with the rest of the team out of the pool room and down the corridors towards the living room. Tim stopped, stepping into the guest bathroom and returning with a first aid kit. He spoke when he noticed the curious looks his team was giving him. "Alfred started storing these kits around the manor when our kidnappings become more commonplace, especially if it is Crane or Joker that nabs us. It just makes it more convenient, because you never know what state we will be returned in." Tim shrugged, pretending to ignore the horrified looks on their faces.

"Good one, Drake. Make them sympathetic." Damian glared at Dick when he saw his brother give him a smile. "If you tell the buffoon I said that, I will never speak to you again."

Dick went to reply but was cut off by the zeta tubes announcing the arrival of Cass and Steph. The two girls walked up to the brothers and took a seat, automatically turning to the screen. Steph side eyed Dick. "What did we miss? Anything good?"

Dick shook his head. "Just some mild shenanigans. You guys want in on the good stuff?" Cass smiled, nodding. Steph gave a thumbs up, putting her feet up on the key board. Dick grinned, leaning towards his sister and friend. "Good, here's the plan."