Chapter 11: Company

Carmela's Point Of View

Jade was beyond pissed at me for not telling her. It was understandable though. For the past two hours, I poured my heart out on my journal. Which is what I usually did to release some stress or even just create a song. A song with raw emotion, which is exactly what I wrote. Billie rushed out of the bathroom and hasn't been back since. The rain seemed to be lighting up just a bit. The only thing that would help me right now would be to be on stage. My show wasn't until tomorrow night, but this is what I needed. I grab my jacket and journal rushing out; slipping by Chris undetected. When I reach the lobby, I go to order an Uber.

My shoes thud against the stage as I walk to the center slowly. This ginormous stadium, empty, with their lights on me. Why did this feel so comforting? I take a seat on the stool and open my journal leaning forward to the microphone stand that was before me.

" There's not a thing I could say
Not a song I could sing
For your mind to change
Won't ask you to stay
But let me ask you one thing
Oh, when did, you, fall, out of love?
Out of love
Oh, when did you fall out of love with me?" I sing softly with my eyes closed tightly to prevent any tears from falling unwillingly. I repeat the verse and feel my voice crack towards the end.

"Hey..." a small voice says and I spin around quickly almost falling off the stool. My journal falls from my hand at the sight of her. "I'm sorry. I went to your hotel but you weren't there and I knew if you were upset you'd be here..."

"If I was upset? Seriously Ashley?" I ask my voice wavering while my eyes go to her stomach. "Why are you here?"

"I-I never fell out of love with you. I-I love you, Ellie." She walks towards me and places a soft kiss on my lips. My arms wrap around her waist while I try to not sob on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry. It was a drunken moment."

"Shut up Ashley. Just shut up and let me hold you..." I try to quiet her and just appreciate that I have her in my arms. My mind was far past angry, there was no word in the English language to describe what was going through my head. My mind didn't know why I hugged her. My heart did - it swelled when her scent filled my nose. Her familiar warmth. I missed her, and I hated that.

"Let's go to your hotel? To talk?" She asks me leaning away to take a look into my eyes. I nod my head slowly and she intertwines our fingers while we go to order another Uber.

When I arrived in my room, Chris, Jade, and Billie were pacing around. They all rush towards me engulfing me in a group hug.

"You idiot!" Jade yelled with tears in her eyes and placed a kiss on my head.

"Don't. Do that!" Chris scolded me and ruffled my hair up causing me to give him a glare. They both walk out eyes widening at Ashley. Billie hugs me tightly and lets out a deep breath.

"You scared me, Ellie." She spoke in a more hushed tone to me and I hug her back. One of the best feelings in the world would have to be a hug from Billie. It felt so safe and secure.

"I went to the stadium. Where were you Blue?" I ask her with my hand on her forearm. She just looks down and shrugs.

"I kind of wanted to talk... it's pretty serious."

"Of course Blue." Before I can get another word out, Ashley makes her presence known.

"I can come back later..." Billie's eyes snap up and I have never seen her look so angry. Ashley's eyes widen a bit and probably instinctively she places a hand on her stomach.

"What the fuck are you here for, Slut."

"Billie!" I shout trying to stop her from pouncing on Ashley.

"I'm here to fix things, Billie. No need to be rude."

"No need to be a cheating liar and get pregnant." She spikes back and a deep sigh passes my lips. Ashley flinches at her harsh words and she looks to me; probably for protection. I didn't know what to do. Billie is my best friend. Ashley is my cheating ex.

"We need to talk." I simply say to her and she nods her head. In the corner of my eye, I can clearly see Billie slouch a bit probably thinking that I prefer Ashley. I don't even know if I do. "After I'm done talking with Billie." I finish and Ashley slouches a bit nodding; leaving towards the door. My hand goes to Billie, the coolness of her rings causing goosebumps to rise on my arms. I drag her to sit on the old stiff couch that this hotel had. From what I could tell, Billie seemed extremely nervous. I place my hand on her knee to try to comfort her nerves. Seeing Billie this way was not pleasant at all. Actually seeing Billie in any type of way that wasn't her being her adorable self was deeply upsetting. I didn't know why her smile was just made by whatever higher power themselves. She was beautiful. Her eyes trail from my hand that was on her knee to my own eyes. Now I was beginning to get nervous. My voice a bit shaky just from the nerves, I speak out,

"What's up Blue?"

vote plz and leave suggestions! always welcome :))