jimmy page

A warm, breezy fall night set the perfect scene for the premiere showing of The Song Remains The Same, a concert film by Led Zeppelin, shot at Madison Square Garden in 1973. For hardcore Zeppelin fans, it was a huge treat.

For Y/N, it was a place she was dragged to see by her friend Heather, a hardcore Led Zeppelin fan. Heather, after not wanting to go alone to the showing, annoyed Y/N enough into going to see it with her.

On their way to the showing, Y/N looked eagerly out the window, loving the scenery of New York City. Heather blasted Led Zeppelin through the speakers, singing loudly, yet not loud enough to top the screeching guitar played by Jimmy Page.

"I just can't wait to get there, to be in the presence of some of the most talented men on the face of the bloody Earth. And, oh, I'd pass out if I even caught a glimpse of one of them."

"Calm down, they're just musicians, not gods." Y/N said and shook her head with a smile.

"Talented like gods, that's for sure." Heather retorted, a smile growing rapidly across her red lips as she caught sight of the crowd around the big screen.

"It's so crazy how much a person can fan over somebody they've never even met."

"Yeah, but they're so undeniably good looking that I can't even help myself from gushing each time I talk about them."

"You're not wrong, they are quite attractive. But not to the point where I'll spend all my money just to support them. You act like they're your literal husbands, Heather."

"You'll change your mind once you see them performing on that screen, trust me." Heather preached as she struggled to find a parking space in the midst of hundreds of parked vehicles. Finally she found one after nearly ten minutes of looking.

Heather scrambled quickly out of her car, pulling Y/N by the hand and sprinting to not miss the showing. Heather was devastated to find that the only seats open were in the way back row, furthest from the screen. Planting herself sadly on the seat, she watched up at the screen with more joy than Y/N even thought possible for a human to attain. Excited as the first scene began rolling, Heather squeezed Y/N's hand tightly from a happiness overload.

Occasionally throughout the showing, Y/N would catch Heather smiling so brightly, her day had become better from just seeing the passionate look on her friend's face.

After the film was over, Heather still hadn't wanted to go home. She wanted to savor the night for as long as she could before having to retreat back home to England. Heather decided that they'd stay and hang out with fellow Led Zeppelin fans, hoping to gain a friendship before their journey back home.

"Y/N, would you get me a drink?" Heather asked after finding someone she thought was attractive.

"Yeah, I'll be right back." Y/N nodded, knowing exactly why Heather wanted her to fetch her a drink. She walked away with a smirk on her lips as she reached the bar and ordered. Orders piled high upon the two stressed bartenders, tending to thousands of people at once.

Y/N sat impatiently, waiting for her drinks. She tapped her long nails on the wooden countertop as a guy took an open stool next to her. Y/N could sense his wandering eyes from just a seat away as he studied her body wonderfully. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," Y/N remarked, showing him the stink eye.

"Oh, sorry, you're just beautiful, I couldn't help myself," he smiled and said with an accent so soft and sweet that it matched hers. After a few moments of silence, he spoke up again, "Hey, uh, let me get your drinks."

"Oh, no, it's fine, thank you." Y/N declined, gradually becoming more and more irritated with him.

"Do you even know who I am?"