robert plant

"Are you all ready, babe?" Y/N's boyfriend asked, folding his collar in the mirror and running a few fingers through his blackened hair.

"Yeah, one second." Y/N responded, pushing her foot into a shiny ruby red stiletto high-heeled shoe. She grabbed her matte black mini purse and held it tightly in her hand as she began making her way out of her apartment door. With her free hand, she grasped her boyfriend's hand, unsure if her chills came from the freezing wind or her boyfriend's loving clutch.

A crashing wind froze Y/N's legs as she stepped out into the violent snow storm. Happy snowflakes adorned her hair that fell straight against her bulky winter coat. Light for the evening was provided by the shining moonlight and yellow streetlights that barely showed the pathway from their apartment to their cab that was covered completely with a half foot of pillowy snow.

With ice cold bodies, they scrambled into the back of the cab and shoved a few dollars the driver's way. Warmth soon filled the small, crowded space, causing an "ahh" to escape simultaneously from Y/N and her boyfriend. Y/N snuggled close to her boyfriend, stealing the heat that radiated off her body, but careful not to mess up her hair that she spent nearly an hour trying to tame.

Minutes later, they arrived at the location of their New Years Eve party, surrounded by hundreds of drunk and high people, the stench of marijuana ringing through rows of people and thick smoke clouds hovering over uncaring intoxicated heads.

"Something to drink, Y/N?" Y/N's boyfriend asked, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Sure, anything. Something strong, pretty please!" Y/N shouted over loud music playing through old speakers, her fingers slowly dangling away as her lover nodded and walked away.

The entire party was full of people unfamiliar to her curious mind, a party of mostly her boyfriend's friends. She stood in the middle of multiple groups of people trying to carry on conversations and she wondered if she looked out of place, not having anyone to speak to except her boyfriend, who had wandered off to get a drink for her. Y/N held her elbow, looking over groups of people to see if she could find the man she came with.

Her feet began to hurt so she found an empty spot on the couch in the front room of the house and crashed down on it, leaning her head back on the soft material and letting out a sigh of exhaustion. It'd be nice if he could hurry with that drink.

Several more minutes passed and she began to feel worried about her boyfriend's whereabouts. Shaking from nervousness, she rose and made her way in the direction he went. After many awkward conversations with obviously intoxicated people, she found the kitchen where all the drinks were provided. And where her boyfriend was.

"Ah! There you are!" Y/N said, her heart beginning to beat at a normal rate once again upon finding out he was okay. Her shoes clicked against the hardwood floor as she walked over to her boyfriend. Resting a hand on his coated shoulder, she quickly realized the real reason why he had been gone for such a long time. His lips had met another woman's, leaving Y/N's jaw to drop to the ground.

"Hey babe," He muttered, a fake smile materializing on his deceiving lips.

"Don't 'babe' me. What the hell is wrong with you, leaving me at a party I know nobody at, and you're sucking another girl's face off? Where's my fucking drink?"

"Over there," he pointed to the bar, where all the liquor was held.

"I can't believe you, go fuck yourself." Rage seethed through Y/N's veins, her blood boiling at hot degrees as she poured herself the strongest drink she could find. The thought of ditching the party crossed her mind, but she figured if she were at home she'd be even more reminded of him, so she stayed. A torturous time filled with drowning herself with alcohol, she still remained at the party as the clock neared midnight.