peter noone

this is a oneshot suggested by Blizz-draws in a oneshot exchange!

-

Blizzy walked into the small, crowded space of her local pub just minutes away from her home. Every Friday night a small local band played on the stage for the people who showed up to watch to their cheap shows.

She sat at her usual barstool as the bartender caught sight of her, automatically pouring her the drink she usually got; a Jack and Coke on the rocks. The bartender slid her the chilled glass and leaned across the bar, allowing Blizzy to start a conversation. "Who's playing tonight?"

"Some new band from Manchester. They call themselves the Hermit Crabs or something."

"That's... a bizarre name for a band."

The bartender shrugged, accepting the payment for the drink from Blizzy. "They're on stage soon so I've got to get them their drinks before the show. Talk to you later, sweetheart."

Blizzy winked as he walked away as if to wish him a good night and stared off at the short stage that was supplied with low-grade amplifiers and a drum set. Smiling to herself as the band walked up to the stage and taking their spots, she began chewing on her fingernail when she caught sight of the fairly attractive singer.

"H-hello, beautiful people. We are," the frontman cleared his throat, nervous sweat beads gathering around his hairline, "Herman's Hermits."

Blizzy eyed the bartender, smiling at his mispronunciations of the group's name before turning her attention back to the five men dressed in fine tuxedos on the stage, shuffling restlessly with their instruments handy and ready to play.

"We're from here, from Manchester, our home. First we're going to play a song that we called 'I'm Into Something Good.'" The singer nodded as he pulled his microphone closer to his mouth, another clearing of his throat before he began clapping along to the beat of the light, happy-sounding music.

"Woke up this morning, feeling fine. There's something special, on my mind. Last night I met a new girl, in the neighbourhood." He sang lightly, his imperfect teeth somehow managing to make him look perfect. His eyes scanned the crowd, an indelible sweet grin showing off his pretty smile.

With the help of backing vocals, a gentle, lighthearted "Something tells me I'm into something good" left his throat, warm eyes meeting Blizzy's as a blush materialized on her cheeks under the dim glow of bar lights. She chewed on her lip as the night went on, their happy expressions meeting more frequently with every passing song, with every passing minute.

"Thank you, Manchester." The singer thanked, his smile radiating for miles, eyes glossing over with glee. The band walked politely off stage, taking their set down as they left with claps and cheers from the limited audience. Blizzy smiled down at her glass as the singer shared with her a polite smile when he walked off of his platform.

"Stop flirting with Peter," the bartender joked, sliding a full Jack and Coke next to her nearing empty one.

"Who's Peter?" Blizzy asked.

"The singer, you know, the one you keep eyeing up over there?" A mischievous grin grew on the bartender's lips as he wiped down the countertop with a damp rag.

"Oh, he's just cute, that's all. How can I flirt with him from such a long ways away?"

"It's easy to do it, Blizz, a few smirks here and there and you've got yourself a connection." He said, looking up at the sight of a recognizable man dressed sharply taking a seat next to Blizzy on a barstool.

His properly cut blonde hair shone brightly under the bar lights as he spoke up gently, "I'll have whatever she has." He nodded at the bartender and turned his attention to the stunning woman next to him. "I'm Peter."

"I'm called Blizzy," she smiled as he took her hand and kissed the top of it. "I enjoyed your show tonight."

"Thank you," He said sweetly. "I enjoyed the view."

Blizzy blushed yet again, this time noticed by the flirty singer. "You have a beautiful smile, do you know that?"

Blizzy smiled and whispered a thank you to him as Peter was served his drink. He sipped slowly on it, his perfect lips encasing the mixture. Blizzy stared wonderfully and mindlessly at the effortless beauty sitting inches away from him.

"Take a picture, it might last longer." Peter said with a joking grin as he swallowed the bitter alcohol.

"Gladly," Blizzy returned, earning a slight giggle from Peter. His thickly-accented laugh made butterflies run laps around her stomach as she joined in with the joyous time.

"What brings you here, Blizzy?" Peter asked, cocking his head to the side to get a better look at her; he thought the low lighting in the bar hadn't done her gorgeous features any justice.

"I come here all the time to see the lads that think they can put on a show," Blizzy said. "And the lads tonight really proved me right."

"Thank you, we quite enjoyed ourselves. Mostly me, though. I had the best view, in my opinion." He smirked and looked up for approval to his flirty remark.

"I quite liked the singer a lot, I guess I'll have to look for the band more often when I'm wandering around."

"So you liked the singer, then? I heard he's single." Peter bit his smile as his fingers wrapped around the cold glass, slyly pulling it to meet his thirsty lips.

"Why don't you send him my way? I might be able to give him a chance if he's up for it."

Peter narrowed his eyes playfully, "I'll tell him you said something. He might wonder what your number is so he could contact you, would you mind writing it down?"

"I'll write it down under one condition; he promises to call me whenever he can." Blizzy smiled, taking a napkin and writing her phone number on it, sliding it back to Peter when she finished writing the last digit.

A smile grew uncontrollably on Peter's face as he neatly put the napkin in the pocket of his suit. "My band is leaving soon, but thank you for talking to me. And for the number."

"My dearest pleasure. Don't forget to call me." Blizzy said sadly, a frown tugging at the corners of her mouth as he departed from his barstool, leaving his payment behind.

"What's the matter, Blizz, Peter's gone and you're sad?" The bartender caught up with her, ringing up Peter's drinks in the process.

"Yeah. But he's supposed to call me tonight, which means I'll have to go soon so I don't miss it. See you later." Blizzy left quickly, hoping to get home before Peter called her phone, if he even would.

Blizzy waited for hours near her phone, drifting softly off to sleep before being violently woken up by a ringing telephone.

~

hi sorry this is really short :) I hope you enjoyed!!