astera

The three of them stepped through the gate threshold to astera, in front are six gargantuan bones, petruding from the stone, reaching for the sky, but instead of reaching it, they formed an imposing arch almost resembling a rib cage, tattered banners embrace the natural gateway of astera.

Qrow walked closer to winter, placing his hand on her shoulder lightly he says: look I'm sorry for earlyer, I was just trying to thank you for saving my life...... and sorry for insulting you I wasn't as kind as I should've been

Winter paused for a second then shook her shoulder out from qrows hand and took a double step to get ahead of him, then turning her head and replying : you never are. : And stepped further ahead leaving qrow behind

Looking beyond that was the trade yard to the right was the dock, but ahead was a ship's hull suspended upsidedown inside the upturned hull where hanging lit torch baskets, dimly lighting the bussling yard that the ship cast a cool shadow over as well as the multiple banners hanging from it.
Winter Qrow and the researcher all take the natural path through the center.
Stalls line the sides. Leather workers, hunters sorting produce or taking stock on their piles of resources, and traders selling their equipment.
They then turn to the right where a ship's stern had been remodeled to encase a meeting area, winter liked this area, it was like the conference rooms in atlas but more open, natural, and had a beautiful veiw.of the ocean.

Leaning on the large, low, worn, wooden table was the comander, he was a well built rugged man in his late fifties maybe pushing sixty, snow white hair and light silvery stubble, his hair cut clean on the back and sides.
His complexion was a heavy brown tan with a few scars visible on his face.

He wore a mix of leather, monster hide, fur, metal armour plates.
With a large fur trimmed section of scaled monster skin enveloped his shoulders.

Despite his seemingly advancing age he looked extremely healthy and well built.

Elr: found some new... Visitors sir
This is qrow and winter from the world of remnant.

The comander sprung to his full awareness.
C: oh, well welcome to the new world I'm the comander, I run this research base here in astera. Since you probably can't get back at the moment you are welcome to stay here, if you want to help in any way I can find a job as a list hunters, you can use those weapon's, I trust.

W: thank you sir, me and qrow would be happy to help out any way we can.

C: good, mutch apritiated

Elr: comander, we ran into a glavenus ln the ancient forest, I don't know how it got here but the other species will probably suffer from its presence

C: not good. It needs to be delt with. I shal figure it out on my own accord, we must be prepared for this.
Thank you you are dissmised if no one has anything to add, you may show our new hunters to their rooms, they can have two of the rooms by the waterfall.

Elr: yes sir

With that they step down from around the table and head up the stairs to their left, then up a tall open starecase that turned 180 near the top to come to a wood clad deck with a large blacksmith to the right, at the back of it was a roaring hearth of spitting flame, and around the room was multiple pipes, workstations, weapon's, and large scale machines powered by pistons, chains, and belts.

They continue on and begin to cross a small bridge that cut infront of the huge water wheel and waterfall, on in the middle of the bridge was a huge chain elevator as well as platforms rising and falling like an escalator, taking supply's up to a ship perched high on a pliynth of rock about thirty meters up from their all ready elevated position on the side of the cliff that astera is built of

Q: how the fuck did they get that up their?

Winter sighed and walked up to the room next to the waterfall that had been offered to her and stepped inside

{Timeskip to Sunset}

It was like a wooden cabin, ornaments and monster parts line a shelf on the wall opposite the door. Facing The ocean is a large window with some beige drapes hanging to the sides, winter stands by the window to admire the veiw of the sunset that fell over the horizon, it's vivid oranges and pale blues looked beautiful and iridecent.

Winter then closed the drapes and changed into the sleepwear that had been provided, a long cotton top that went down to half way down her thighs. She then steps over to the desk in the corner of the room, sat down and started to read a book that lay on the desk, it was titled "the tale of the five" within minutes she was engrossed, and read untill she passed out.

{ Timeskip}

Qrow had been out walking, trying to get a feel for the place, and trying to find anything resembling a bar, sadly to no avail, but still he had learnt that the food here was top notch, and absolutly to die for.
He walked into winters room to check on her, and found her passed out at the desk. he walked up to her and picked her up bridal style, carrying her a few feet to her bed, placing her down and bringing the cover over her body. Qrow had to admit, when ice Queen wasn't yelling at him she was truly beautiful, in that second he thought of how he had been treating her, the words, imature and disrespectful came to mind when he tried to think of how he comes across to winter, with that he left the room to go to bed.

Authors notes: hope you have been enjoying this so far