Chapter Seven

I CAN'T SLEEP. It's been two hours since I tried to, but fuck. I'm still wide awake. I sighed, and removed the blanket in which I covered my body because of the freezing temperature here. It's unusually colder for me. My life has really changed a lot for a month.

I stood up, wore a thick coat and stealthily went outside my room. I walked, not minding the knights that guard the hallways and the maidens that cleans the castle using magic.

I need some time for thinking, cause I haven't thought about anything at all since everything changed. I went with the flow, and tried to cope up with the great change that happened in my life.

I mean, who would thought that magic, a long time myth, exists? That there's another world that is more majestic? That I, a troublesome girl, is a rumored princess.

I always thought that I lived a normal life with Zey. He portrayed the role of a guardian, and I portrayed the role of the black sheep. I always messed up things and make a lot of trouble, while Zey is always there to arrange the mess I made.

I did not care on what the others say. I lived my life the normal way, and the suddenly, with just a snap of a finger, everything changed.

I still don't know a lot about Serenikai, except the fact that people here are living in kingdoms, and magic is normal for them. Somehow, Zey tries to enlighten me every time we talk, such as how kiri (life force/ enegry) and kai (elements/ abilities) works together. I always get confused on what the two really means-until right now actually.

Para bang nasayang lahat ng pinag-aralan ko da dati kong mundo, at ngayon, kailangan ko na namang magsimula sa pinakauna. I don't even have any idea on what happened here in Serenikai, a million years ago. And what bothers me is the war that happened eighteen years ago, that caused the children-including me, to be sent in the standard world.

Everything is just too complicated. I wonder if I would be able to know more, cause if you're gonna ask me if I wanted to, I will answer 'hell yeah.'

I continued to walk aimlessly, and unconsciously, I ended up in the training place. I sat under the white leafed tree that blooms like a cherry blossoms. It's white leaves are falling, as well as the snow from the sky.

I wonder what will happen after all of this. I know that everything around me is just temporary. I'm sure that any moment from now, I might lose all of these and start a new life. A life without a twin brother that guides me every time. A life that consists of me, alone.

Inilahad ko ang kamay ko, at hinayaan ang malamig na nyebe na bumabagsak sa kamay ko.

Both Yuri and Jade's element is ice, they can produce, make, bend and makeshift ice and snow. I saw Zey used earth as his element. Olivia had illusion as her kai, and Trade told me that he can manipulate lightning.

I wonder what my element will be. Ice? Fire? Air? I definitely have no idea. I'm not even sure if I have one, but if there's any, when will I be able to use it?

I'm already eighteen years old. Yuri said that bearers at my age tends to have their element and knows how to control it expertly, but why do I have the feeling that I'm being left out?

I sighed. People knew me for having a strong and badass personality, but I know that I have a lot of weaknesses. I always went with the flow, not bothering the drastic changes around me, and I can say that that personality of mine have a lot of disadvantages. I'm usually seen as an independent girl, but sometimes I need someone to rely on.

Now that I'm not sure if Zey's my brother or not, I need to rely on me and myself only. My friends have jobs, Yuri and Jade as knights, Traze is a son of a duke and always gets missions, Liezel and Lawrence are in Crassus, and Zey, he's a prince. If ever that I'm not the princess, I don't have anyone to lean on anymore.