Chapter Nine

Keziah combed her silky gray hair slowly as she stared at herself on the mirror. She looks the same, except the fact that her eyes have colder look that before. The scars she got from her training were gone as if there were originally none because of the kiri therapy that the palace's chief herbalist gave her. It is understandable, though. She needs to be presentable in front of everyone, for Olivia, or should she say Winter's coronation night and ball.

She stood up, and went towards the full body mirror to see herself again.

The black off shoulder gown perfectly fitted her curves and astonishingly contrasted her pale white complexion. Her gray hair, now tied with a one sided fishtail braid, gracefully settled on her shoulder. A light make up was applied on her face to enlighten up her features.

She sighed. Why do I need to be in the ball, anyway? It's not like I'm happy for Olivia. I still hate her.

A knock on the door disturbed the silence she's having. The door opened, and she saw Traze, Jade and Yuri.

"Good evening, my lady." Yuri greeted, and she just answered with a smile.

"Hello, my loves." Traze said as he approached, and embraced her softly.

"Ang tagal mong 'di nagpakita, ah? Sa'n ka nanggaling?" She asked jokingly.

"Went out for a mission." he answered. "Need to go back though, for Winter's coronation night."

"Should I really go?" Keziah asked. "It's not like I'm really needed there." she rolled her eyes.

"It's the request of the King." Jade explained. "Also, someone wants to talk to you."

"Who?" she asked, but Jade looked like he's not going to answer her question. "Nevermind."

"My lady, the gown looks good on you." Yuri praised her.

"It would only be a waste if we stay here. So, let's go and flash off your beauty outside." Traze said with a smirk on. "Besides, I still have to charm a lot beautiful maidens tonight."

Keziah pinched his cheeks and jokingly slapped it hard and fast.

His forehead creased, "That hurts. Why did you do that?" he asked.

"Seriously? You still assume that your useless charm will work? I'm sure there's a lot more handsome guys out there than you." Keziah said as a matter of factly.

Traze pouted, "You're such a meanie."

"I know that shit," Keziah rolled her eyes. "And just so you know, you're too childish for your age."

Traze was about say something when Jade cleared his throat. "I think we should go." he said opened the door.

Keziah blew a breath out, and smiled to hide her nervousness. "Let's rock up the party then." she said and led everyone out on the hall.

The loud playing of the orchestra in the huge ballroom, can be heard even if they're still aren't there. There are also some guests who takes time wandering around the halls and admiring the astonishing beauty of the palace.

Keziah can hear her heartbeats beacuse of the nervousness she have been feeling, still she walked with her head high yet gracefully. The sound of her stilletos as she walk caught the attention of everyone who's on the hallway.

They can all feel the unusual intimidating presence she had. They sure aren't aware on who she is, but all that they knew is that her presence is majestic. The hall was filled with chatters and gossips about her, until Keziah's group entered the lounge. All of the attention was on her, still, she stood high and mighty.