Prologue

ʚɞ ┋ ━━━━━━✡︎━━━━━━┋ ʚɞ 

As the rain pours down on the windows of the Midford Manor, Elizabeth and her formal maid were sitting while watching closely at the tea in front of them with silence filling up the room.

That is until the Maid spoke up looking directly at Elizabeth with a worried look. 

"What did you want to discuss about my lady?" she noticed her looking down swinging her feet a bit.

"I recently heard a rumor going around from other maids that you're pregnant, is it true?" she looked up giving the maid a shocked expression knowing that she had to tell the truth. 

"It's true my lady, I just found out a couple of weeks ago. 

But I didn't want to cause any trouble so I stayed quiet..." 

Paula could only think of how will the reaction will be to her masters & will she loose her job? 

A question was asked bringing her back to reality confused.

"How many months?" 

"I'm close to reaching being six months pregnant, but I do not see myself in retiring so don't worry about anything my-" 

"I already talked with my parents about this, you will be taking a break okay?" the maid got up instantly from her seat and walked up towards her master with her hands trembling. 

"B-but Lady Elizabeth I can't yo-" 

"Please don't just do it for me but for your child. 

I'll be fine I promise." She grabbed her hand for reassurance while smiling brightly at her. 

"If it's what you wish for then alright, but if I hear from your parents that you really need my help I won't hesitate to come here and do so!"

"I know, now go get your things ready. 

Me and my parents agreed that you and your family will stay at my place until you guys can afford for a beautiful home." 

The maid nods and walks out of the living room heading to a carriage waiting for her outside, as they begin to disappear out of Lizzy's view she heads to her room. 

 In that very night something within the darkness in her bedroom has been awoken...

 ʚɞ ┋ ━━━━━━✡︎━━━━━━┋ ʚɞ 

What do you think Elizabeth is keeping within her room?

 ʚɞ ┋ ━━━━━━✡︎━━━━━━┋ ʚɞ 

382 words used <33