But Why Deux?

A while back, while writing my first novel, I got myself stuck in a major rut. Not just a writers block, but a major life rut full of bad habits. One of the life saving tools, that got me finally writing, and thinking about writing in the best way possible was doing morning pages. It’s a practice from a book called “The Artists Way”, by Julia Cameron.

You’re supposed to just sit down and write 750+ words every morning before you do anything else. They can be about anything you want. Things your going to do, how your feeling, free flow writing, or anything else your heart desires. And they’re supposed to be private. Only for you. I however have made the decision, to make mine public (mostly unedited).

I thought, it might be helpful for other struggling writers to see what I’ve gone through to publish my first book, or perhaps for my readers to see the twisted recesses of my mind. I’m currently pushing for 365 days of consecutive morning pages, and am already well past 200,000 words in total. That’s enough for a couple of novels I’d say. I’ll be posting these a few at a time, whenever I get the chance.

I should also say, that these journal entries are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, and I have no intention of correcting them. One of the tenants of morning pages, is that you just write and don’t worry about spelling and grammar. It’s more important to get the words out, than to worry about syntax. So, I’ve posted them here in all their tattered glory, as I first put them down.

Also, you may notice a few missing days here and there. There were a few days where I deemed the pages to be too private for public consumption. Those journal entries will remain forever secret … at least, while I’m still alive.