Morning Pages Entry - June 28, 2014

Whew! So nice to me up at the boat by myself for a few hours, before the girls all invade. I went out and paddle boarded for a few hours this morning. Could have gotten up a little earlier, but I was out between about 8 and 10, which was ok. The power boats were coming out, which create a bit more of a challenge later. I'm sure, if I got out there earlier though, they wouldn't be an issue. I do need, to remember my life jacket when I go. I went out the last couple of times without it, and this time, Merrit came out in his dingy to check on me. Or more, to just harrass me for not wearing the jacket. Which is fine. He's right, I should be wearing it. I'll remember it for next time. I'll bring my little inflatable one. That would be enough. It's funny though, the whole issue of other people worry about what other people are doing is dangerous for them. I suppose, I could tell Merrit, he shouldn't be drinking so much, and eating so much sugar, and that he's endangering his life with those choices. It all about freedom and choices. Right? It's like that little discussion I had on FaceBook over Mayor Bloombergs attempt to ban the big super gulps of soda pop from being sold in New York city. So many people are upset about it, because they feel, he's forcing them to behave in a certain way. But, the reality of it all is, that we're told what to do everyday, with the rules and laws of society. We're told how old we have to be to drink, how old we have to be to drive, how old we have to be to smoke, that we have to always drive on the right side of the road. We live in a culture of laws and rules. Without them, it would be total anarchy. And I don't think, anyone wants to live that way. So, why not tell companies, that they can't sell mega sized containers of pop? If the diabetics of this world are breaking the medical system, and the budgetary system, why should we let them to continue doing it? It affects me. It puts me at risk, it makes my life less secure. I think, it's high time, that a stop is put to this sugar consumption. It's not like the food companies will go out of business, the way they did with the cigarette companies. We still NEED to eat to survive ... we don't need to smoke cigarettes to survive. So, the food companies just need to be pushed in the direction of making healthy foods, and profiting from them. And, even if the bloomberg law had passed then so what? People that still wanted to drink gallons of soda pop per day could do that. They just have to buy multiple smaller containers. But, what it would do, is make news, and get people talking, and let people know, that it's a bad idea to drink that much soda pop, and that they're making themselves sick, and affecting other people in their country. It's just not a individual choices that's only affecting them. Just imagine how much better your country if everyone stopped being so sick. Just imagine, that people who are genuinely hurt and need help could get it right away, and from top class doctors. It's a waste of doctors time treating these stupid kinds of diseases. It's like cops and speeding tickets. That to me, is such a waste of very expensive personnel. Let them go chase bad guys, and protect people from idiots. Photo radar should be the gold standard for speed control on every major road. Let the policeman be policeman, and not nannys handing out speeding tickets. I don't know why they ever got rid of that in Ontario. So stupid. Haven't talked much about writing today. I am committed to 50K every three weeks with emily, so I do need to get to work on that. Stop painting yourself into corners with your stories. Be insanely creative, and think up crazy wacko things for your characters to do. Dream up bizzare situations for them to fall into and find a way out of it. Be creative creative CREATIVE! That's what story tellers do. Have fun with it. It is fun, that's why you want to do it. Go nuts, be crazy creative, and make your stories interesting for your readers. Death to the inner critic!!!

TIGERBLOOD: some DAILYMOOD: ok LOCATION: boat in bayfield WORDSWRITTEN: none PUSHUPS: 2:15 plank TODO: hook up the wireless router TV: none BOOK: Scrivener For Writing A Novel GAME: none EXERCISE: walked down the beach WEIGHT: 170 BREAKFAST: bacon & eggs LUNCH: chicken, sweet potatoes, veggies DINNER: none SNACKS: orange, grapes ,apple, 2 lara bars, 2 naked bars ALCOHOL: none BEDTIME: 12:30 AWAKE: 8:00