Morning Pages Entry - June 30, 2014

Sitting here on the boat again. Went paddle boarding again this morning ... that's three days in a row. I just went down the river this morning, as it was a little windy on the lake this morning. I much prefer going out onto the lake, but I've also decided that wind is for sailboats, and not paddle boards. Paddle boards are for nice calm mirror like water where you can go out a mile or so, and do some yoga on the board. I haven't tried that yet, but it's coming. The next morning it's nice out, I'm heading out early to about deerpark lodge, and do a few simple yoga moves. Not sure how many I'll be able to do, but it should be fun finding out. I may fall over a few times, but that's ok. It may be nice to fall in when I'm done, depending on how hot it is in the morning. The trick, is to get out nice and early. 6am would be best I think. Haven't quite gotten there yet. I do notice that I seem to need more sleep up here. All the fresh air and sunshine I think. I probably need to get into bed by 11pm, if I'm going to be up by 6 though. Could also be because it's been a bit warm here at nights. I always sleep better when it's a bit cooler. I think, that everyone does. So, I still haven't tested out that audio transcription thing in Dragon yet. I need to try that. I like the idea of dictating into the cell phone while I'm walking down the beach, and transcribing that using DNS (dragon naturally speaking) into a text file. That's certainly a cool way to do things. And potentially very efficient. I think, it's going to take some getting used to. Part of the trick, is to not try and talk to fast. Even talking in a slow enunciated manner is much faster then typing. And, speaking of non-enunciated words, I must apologize to yesterdays journal. I typed it in yesterday using the phone, and went back and looked at parts of it later. It's pretty riddled with typos. And, it took me about twice as long to write, and I think at about half the speed I normally write these journals. Although, I think, it was around 23 words per minute, which is still close to 1200 words per hour, which isn't all that bad, when you think, that you normally write 1250 words per 45 minutes when you normally do your novel writing. So, in theory, you could come close to a 5K day, but the editing would be horrendous, that's for sure. This dictating thing has gotten be intrigued for sure. Although I've always struggled with DNS in the past, I'm almost always intrigued with the possibliities of it. Perhaps just doing it in a quiet office to start with is the way to go. While writing novels walking down the beach sounds so frikkin mega cool, I may need to master it sitting down first before I get to crazy with it. Woah, hang on ... wait one second. How about writing while paddle boarding down the lake? Now, that's the ultimate of frikking mega cool. And a goal worth shooting for. By the end of the summer, I should have written at least 5K words (prefferably a whole novel) on the paddleboard. How totally awesome would that me. I'll have to think a bit about what sort of device I'd need for that. Some sort of headset with a mike on it that allows me to record onto a little micro sd car of something. It would of course have to be waterproof. Paddle boarding on the lake while writing crazy stories ... talk about the possibility of a crazy inspriational rich environment to be working in. Just imagine where your creativity would go to in a place like that. I'll have do a little looking online for just such a gadget. I'm sure there's got to be something out there. Ok, so, that's some pretty cool and lofty goals for sure. But the thought of getting dns to work finally for me. And the thought of getting words onto paper faster is just too enticing. Gotta give it a try. And, and couple of other little notes this morning. I had some stowaways on my paddleboard this morning. When I was almost back, I noticed a big snail crawling up between my feet on the board, and when I docked there were two more on the back. Sort of cool. Oh yea, and a little bit of drama yesterday. There was some kite surfer getting dragged out into the lake, and he had to be rescued by a jet ski. Rookie mistake, as Jen would say. He was sorta new at it ... just a young kid.

TIGERBLOOD: yep DAILYMOOD: happy LOCATION: boat in bayfield WORDSWRITTEN: none PUSHUPS: none TODO: dictate, transcribe software testing TV: Mall Cop BOOK: none GAME: none EXERCISE: paddle board 1.5 hours, short beach walk WEIGHT: 170 BREAKFAST: bacon & eggs LUNCH: big ass salad DINNER: beef shish ka bobs, pepper, asparagus SNACKS: orange, strawberries, 2 lara bars ALCOHOL: none BEDTIME: 12:00 AWAKE: 7:30