Morning Pages Entry - June 26, 2014

Started brainstorming a bit yesterday, using the corkboard screen on Scrivener, it worked pretty good. Had some good new ideas springing up. It's the first step in the outlining process I think. I'm trying actually to take parts of the ending of the first book, and use it as the start for the third book in the series. It should work pretty well, based on some of the ideas I came up with. Some, are the suggestions that Emily made, which were a number of plot points that I had sort of left hanging in the first novel. It could make more sense to elaborate on them while our heroes are hanging around Fort Knox. I had meant, to elaborate on some of these things, when I initially came up with up with Fort Knox as a destination, but I never really got around to using them. I think, I rushed things a bit, when I got to that part of the story. Kind of like, I felt I had gone over the limit in terms of words, and just needed to finish things off. Now, that's not the case. I actually need to tell more of the story, and I think there is a lot more hidden behind and under the walls at Fort Knox worth telling. Perhaps, some secrets in the lower level especially, that I never elaborated on. Like who is really in charge down there. And maybe tie them in to the bombing on the white house and pentagon that happened earlier in the story. I think, this could be an opportunity to have a few sub plots going on at the same time. One could be, who is in the deepest level, and the other could be about the growing threat of zombies encroaching on the Fort. Perhaps, it could end with being on the verge of being overrun. Perhaps, someone down in the lower level, allows for the zombies to get into the fort. What would be their motivation. Would they be zombie, or human, or perhaps someone in between. Maybe, their being controlled by the remains of patient zero. Patient zero is an intersting idea. The original zombie ... half alive, but barely under controlled ... maybe like the very first vampire is very powerful. Would they be sentient? Probably crude, but strong. Christa, would actually have more evolved mutations. Would patient zero, be more like a frankenstien monster? Lot's of possibilities here ... need to play around with the corkboard a little more. At first when I saw that, I thought it was a bit hokey, but now that I spent a little time with it, I sort of like it. It does sort of help to see the whole picture. I wonder, if there's a way to print all the index cards off, and use them like real index cards on a wall. That could be sort of fun. Then, make up your own as you go along. We'll have to check that out. I think, I could really grow to like using scrivener as an organizing tool. That is it's entire purpose really. I still haven't contacted Emily yet, and I need to do that. I could have 25K new words or more written by the end of next week, which would be good. Monday is a holiday, but if I get some words done today, which there is no reason why I shouldn't and tommorow, that would give me a potential of 10K before the start of next week. Need to move on that. I really would like, to have a small but fast laptop, with a screen that's good outside ... and is a touch screen, that works good for windows 8. I still sold another book yesterday. I think, I've only sold one of the books ... the very first one ... in the US, and all the rest have been in the UK. Need to work on that. If I can get the first one to go free, that should really help. I need to send a note to Emily today, and book some more time with here. Why am I more fearless in the morning? I seem to have more ambitions and a better attitude about getting things done then, than any other time during the day. During the rest of the day, all the other stupid things that clutter up my life seem to start weighing me down. I don't like that. Combined with the nagging feeling that I didn't get any real work down can be depressing. You need to get back in the habit of writing your 5K before lunch.

TIGERBLOOD: some DAILYMOOD: average LOCATION: home office WORDSWRITTEN: none PUSHUPS: 2:15 plank TODO: outline, write TV: not much BOOK: none GAME: none EXERCISE: 1 hour walk WEIGHT: 170 BREAKFAST: bacon & eggs LUNCH: big ass salad DINNER: salmon, brussel sprouts SNACKS: orange, grapes, 2 lara bars ALCOHOL: none BEDTIME: 11:30 AWAKE: 6:15