i

"I keep remembering you between crossroads
You knew me when I had nothing else
I could smile at the thought of you
The place where you are"

-

The fifth Kazekage was known far and wide for a lot of reasons. But none of them centred around blondes chewing his brains out. Well, not technically, but you get the point.

The Kazekage looked up at his best friend and very unlike himself, heaved a sigh. He stood up and went to stand in front of the female clad in black. She pushed back her hood revealing her blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. Her skin was porcelain with three whisker-like birthmarks on either side of her cheeks. She stood straight, wielding a katana on her back and what not weapons inside her black cloak.

She looked up at the taller male defiantly. Her question bounced in his head and he placed a hand on her shoulder. Did I mention that he absolutely disliked physical contact?

"You should head back now. What has it been? 5 years?" He said after a long pause. His pale green orbs searching her eyes for something.

"4 years, 11 months and 25 days" She murmured quietly in her musical voice. He smiled a bit.

"See? I'm sure they all miss you." He pointed out. "Besides, you succeded in your plans. I don't see anything that is holding you back from heading home." She turned her gaze to the ground.

'Home?' She thought. 'Was Konoha, her home?' She contemplated the question before she nodded her head.

"I guess I'll go back." She said, her face lighting up in a smile. He smiled back. 

The 18-year-old in front of him had grown so much in the last 5 years. She had left alone the immature dreams of her 13-year-old self and set her mind to only one. Protect Konoha. But it'd be lying if he said that she'd given up her dream to become Hokage. She was mature now. Her thinking was like a Hokage already. He wouldn't be surprised if she was made the next Hokage. 

She looked at him and he pulled her in an embrace. She tensed but soon relaxed and patted the Kazekage's back. She was one of the reasons he hadn't submitted to the beast inside. He let her go and she brought two of her fingers up and saluted him before disappearing. He chuckled at her actions and soon drowned himself in the paperwork, his mind effectively pushing her to the back of it.

-

Far from Suna, in the midst of trees and rolling grasslands stood the village hidden in the leaves, Konoha. In the middle of it stood the Hokage monument in all its glory. The six faces on the monument let the people keep in memories, the people that once governed it. The ones that made Konoha what it was today.

Speaking of today, a gentle breeze was raging in Konoha, as if carrying a message for someone. Or maybe someone.

Kakashi looked outside his window, or rather, the Hokage tower's window. It had been a year since he had been given the position. And he truly wished he could pass it that gracefully to someone of the potential. And there didn't seem to be any shinobi in Konoha who could gain the title. At least, they didn't seem to be here now. 

He sensed a familiar presence out on the roof and made his way there. If it was some enemy, he had to alert the ANBU. But the chakra signature seemed to be hidden for everyone but him. It was warm, in the slightest, with a little edge to it. Something he hadn't sensed before.

As he reached the roof, he blinked twice. A blonde head was peeking from a black cloak and he was staring at its back. As he walked closer, he heard a light chuckle. His eyes widened as he paused. The person turned around.