ii

"Across the desert and the sea,

This wide, wide world,I wandered,Baby I, I could make it better,I could hold you tighter,On that long road,Oh you're the light"

-Make It Right by BTS

She smiled as she thanked them. She turned to the window to see that night had fallen and lights were sparkling in the village. She turned to Kakashi.

"You're not going to bind my chakra, are you?" She asked while she rubbed her palm with her fingers. She was nervous. "If you bind it, I'll have to feed on Kyuubi's chakra and that is just demonic in itself." She finished as her eyes darted to his face and then to the floor.

"No, I can't really bind that much chakra either. You have crazy Chakra reserves." He answered, his voice calming her down.

"So, what are you going to do?" She asked, her voice still calm but her demeanour had changed. Kakashi seemed to think it through and he looked at Itachi. Itachi went up to him and they talked in hushed voices about it. Well, Naruto was keeping her ears closed since her senses were a bit more 'sensitive'.

"Well," Kakashi cleared his throat. "We can't put you under house arrest and you aren't even a missing-nin, so I guess..." He trailed off and stared at the blonde's expressionless face. "Just a few formalities and that's it!" He answered, smiling his famous eye-smile. She looked at him and smiled while visibly relaxing.

"Okay." She answered while she took off her cloak. Inside it, she wore a loose burgundy crop top with short sleeves and black leather shorts with over the knee-length black socks. She wore shinobi sandals and the look was finished by a kunai holder on her right thigh and black fingerless gloves. Kakashi stared at her and Itachi had suspiciously turned a little pink. Kakashi moved his eyes towards Itachi and forcefully coughed a bit. Itachi's eyes widened and he looked anywhere but her.

'Uchiha..' Kakashi growled out in his mind but put on a smile outside. "That's some... uh... good clothing choice." She flushed slightly and answered. "Temari-nee and Kankuro-nii made me choose this." Kakashi nodded. He'd have to keep the guys in control now. He almost sighed. He turned to Itachi and narrowed his eyes.

"Itachi-kun, can you please call the council members and Naruto's teammates?" He gritted out. He was not liking this Uchiha staring at his precious baby girl like that. Wait, did he just say 'precious baby girl'? If what was happening was already not enough, he was already losing his patience. Itachi nodded and took off. And they were left in comfortable silence.

"Kakashi-sensei, I didn't tell you one thing." She stepped closer to him and leaned down next to him. Her eyes hardened and she whispered. "Pein. We couldn't locate him after disbanding Akatsuki. He might still be plotting something against Konoha." His eyes widened. "If he attacks, I would like to fight him. But for the meantime, it's better if we stay on guard." She finished and stood up straight just as the door swung open.

"The least you can do is knock." Kakashi mumbled, sighing.

The meeting had long ago finished and Naruto had been given her headband. When the new Team 7 had entered the room, their jaws had dropped. A black haired shinobi with pale skin, also known as Sai had reacted the quickest. He had walked towards her and handed her an ink flower and kissed her hand. It would be an understatement to say that Naruto was surprised. In her normal defence mode, she had retraced her hand and moved to Kakashi, calming herself down before she did something horrible in front of the entire council.

Kakashi cleared his throat, eyeing the members of the team. Sakura was staring at Naruto with an expression full of surprise and Sasuke, well, the man was torn between staring at her beauty and being surprised. But he was hiding it in an Uchiha way.

Naruto was nervous, as he sensed her chakra. "Well," He started. "As you can see, Naruto here has finally returned to Konoha and is now more than qualified to join Team 7. What do you think of it?" He asked, smiling at his pupils. Sai smiled back. "I would love to have a beauty like her in my team." He answered and as Kakashi looked at Naruto, she gave him an is-he-a-creep look. He wanted to answer but, truth be told, he wasn't sure if he had to answer yes or no. So he remained silent.

"Ahem," Sakura's painfully screechy voice came. "I don't have a problem either." She answered, flashing a small smile at Naruto. The blonde soon found herself smiling back slightly. Sasuke just gave a "Hn" as he tried to look anywhere but her.

'Uchihas...' Kakashi's brain growled out. Were all the Uchihas not used to keeping their hormones in check? He soon dispersed them and gave Naruto her apartment key. He smiled at his teacher's child.

"Thank you, Kakashi-sensei." She smiled back as she shot a longing look towards her sword and started to walk out. Before he had the chance to, Naruto turned. "Kakashi-sensei, can you tell me where Tsunade-baa-chan is?"

He smiled. At least one of his students was civil. He gave her the whereabouts and watched as she put on her cloak and nodded at him before she disappeared.

Tsunade had expected a lot of things. Like, winning in her current gamble or Shizune popping out of nowhere to stop her. But what she had never expected was to see one Uzumaki Naruto outside her door in a crop top and shorts. What was the young woman thinking? But Tsunade had been pleased to see her and had invited her in. Not before embracing her, of course.

"So, you're finally back, huh?" She asked the girl over her cup of tea. The blonde nodded. After asking the necessary questions, Tsunade came to one her mind was screaming at.

"What are you wearing, Naruto?" She tried to show her that it didn't bother her but she was clearly failing as the blonde laughed nervously. "It isn't my fault, Baa-chan! I was with Temari-nee and Kankuro-nii!" She said, defensively. Tsunade sighed.

"Anyway, you met your team?" She asked to which Naruto replied. "If it means meeting Sakura, a stoic Uchiha and a creep then," She nodded, "Yeah, I met them." If Tsunade had been put off by her clothes then this was a full blow. A creep? That was most definitely Sai. She cracked her knuckles. If Naruto had made Sai do something improper, then it was obvious that tomorrow all the guys would be drooling over her. A tick mark formed on her head and she cracked her knuckles, all the while smiling.

"Don't worry, Naruto. I'm sure Sai didn't mean to come off like that." But inside her head, the Sannin was thinking of ways to torture the former Root member. Naruto calmed her down and took her leave, promising the Sannin that she was strong enough to protect herself and that it was highly unlikely something was going to happen tomorrow.

Tsunade shook her head as she exited. But a smile formed on her lips. Her favourite person was back and that was enough to lighten up her mood. Konoha had just lost its colour after she had gone. As she made her way to her room, she wished that the blonde would make the village as lively as it was before. But she knew it wouldn't be that easy. The village had never accepted Naruto as theirs and it was unlikely they would do so now.

With her thoughts in the air, she vowed to protect her grandchild-like figure. She vowed to make everything right.

"This eternal night with no end in sight,It's you who gifted me the morning,Now can I hold that hand?I can make it right"