iii

"You're not mine but you're the best,

My body twists and turns in front of you,I want to approach you but you're seriously too beautiful"

-War of Hormones by BTS

There was silence. Silence except the blonde's gentle breathing and the rush of water. The birds were starting to wake up and their chirping was still a low sound. Naruto sat in the lotus position and had her eyes closed. The cold water of the waterfall fell on her head and it didn't disturb her one bit. Her black Gi was completely soaked and sticking to her skin as the water glistened on her skin. Her hair was tied in a ponytail and pooled behind her. Her eyelids turned an orange hue but she stayed put. After a while, she opened her eyes and stood up, the waterfall split into two. She walked out of it and sat down on one of the rocks. She felt a presence come closer to her and she recognized it.

The leaves crunched under the feet of the person and Naruto hopped off the rock. The sound of walking stopped and Naruto almost laughed. The person behind her spoke.

"Excuse me? I haven't seen you around here before." Naruto smirked before answering. "Oh, yeah, I'm kinda new here." She had recognized the person as the Hyuga Prodigy. She walked forward and stopped in front of the waterfall, careful to not let him see her face.

"Who are you?" He asked and she smiled and turned around. "Aw, man. You forgot me already, Neji?" She watched as Neji stiffened. His hair had grown since the last time she had seen and it was still in that loose ponytail. He wore a white kimono shirt with black pants, shinobi sandals and Konoha headband.

He stared at Naruto for moments before he blushed and cleared his throat. He walked towards her and she looked at him. "You're back.." She smiled in amusement and nodded her head. "I think so." He motioned for her to sit and soon, they were sitting side by side on the rocks.

"When did you return?" He asked as he looked at her black and thoroughly soaked clothes. She squeezed out the water from her ponytail and answered. "Yesterday." She looked at him when she felt his eyes on her and he looked away. He nodded at her answer.

"But really, out of all people, I wasn't expecting you here." He said as he shrugged. "I can understand. Just came here for some training and meditation." She answered and looked at the waterfall. And he had to admit. She looked really pretty sitting there in just a black Gi and a simple ponytail. And unconsciously, he voiced his thoughts out.

"You've turned into a pretty lady." And as soon as the words were out, he was slapping a hand to his mouth with a furious blush. She snapped her head to look at him and her face heated up. "Um...Thanks, Neji." She answered and stood up. "I'll be going then." He nodded and they bowed at each other and she walked away. And the poor prodigy was left sitting there, staring at where she had sat before.

Naruto opened the gate of her apartment and walked in. The place was farther away from the main market and in a secluded area. It was large enough for her and was fully furnished. She walked in and took her shoes off. The lights were off and she had already opened her curtains. As a result, sunlight was streaming in and lighting up the small but cosy apartment.

She walked to the bathroom and peeled off her slightly moist Gi. She stepped into the shower and turned the water on. She let it run over her body as the warm water washed off the dirt. As she stood there, her thoughts wandered to her team. She wondered how everyone had reacted to her sudden leave. She shrugged and started washing her hair. She could think about it later.

The ring of the doorbell forced the blonde to get up from her position between scrolls and walk towards the door. Wondering who it was, she opened the door to be greeted by a mass of pink hair. She stepped back as the kunoichi barded into her apartment followed by a look of sympathy from a blonde kunoichi who stood outside. Naruto looked up and met eyes with Ino. The girl had changed a lot from the last time she saw her. She was wearing a purple high collared blouse with a long skirt and pink lipstick. Her hair was almost as long as Naruto's herself and she, according to Naruto, looked pretty. Ino smiled at her and Naruto smiled back, motioning her in.

Now that she paid attention, she looked at Sakura. She was wearing a sleeveless red qipao dress that reached her upper thighs, with white trimmings and white circular design on the back. It was tied with an obi. She wore black shorts underneath the dress with black gloves and pink elbow and knee protectors. Her hair was still short but it looked nice on her.

Naruto walked in after closing the door after Ino and asked them to sit down. She walked into the kitchen and came back with tea. After taking a sip of it, Ino started. "It's good to have you back, Naruto. I was starting to feel you wouldn't return." She said as she looked at the blonde sharply.

Naruto laughed nervously and Sakura interjected. "You haven't seen around the village, right?" At which Naruto nodded. "Well then!" the pink-haired kunoichi exclaimed. "Let's go and show you around." And soon, a very reluctant Naruto was being dragged out of her house and the cups of tea were left unattended.

As they wandered the streets of Konoha, all the eyes turned to look at Naruto who was painfully oblivious to all the stares. The guys were staring at her with their mouth wide open while the girls were downright jealous. Sakura and Ino were chatting aimlessly and the blonde found it hard to join in. She looked around at the new shops and noticed a pair of guys staring at her. When she stopped and paid attention, she recognized them. It was all the guys of Rookie 11. She barely registered it before a certain Inuzuka jogged up to her. He stood in front of her and she realized that she wasn't with the two girls anymore.

"Hey, Naruto." Kiba greeted her, with a blush on his face. She greeted him back. "Hi, Kiba." She couldn't quite grasp why all the guys she had met were turning red. "How's it? You know, back in Konoha and everything." He asked, scratching his neck. She smiled and replied. "Still getting used to it." She failed to notice that his eyes had widened at her smile and his blush had darkened. Just when he was about to speak something, Naruto was pushed to the ground by a hyperactive dog licking her face.

She erupted into a fit of giggles and tried to calm him down. "Stop it, Akamaru." She said between giggles and Kiba was finding it hard to look away. Her face had gained a healthy colour and she was sitting on the ground and Akamaru was licking her face. Even all of the guys had stopped their conversation to stare at the girl who was currently looking rather adorable.

After Akamaru had calmed down, she scratched his ears and patted him on the head. The white dog barked in joy and she laughed once again. "He sure has grown." She said to Kiba. He blinked his eyes and let out an undignified, "Huh?" At which she smiled and repeated her statement. Kiba nodded his head dumbly and watched as she said something about meeting later and ran to catch up with the two best friends. Even when they had turned the corner, Kiba couldn't move. The Inuzuka boy was broken out of his daze by Chouji. Just as they turned around, he muttered under his breath. "Damn, when did Naruto get this attractive?" To which he only received a "Troublesome." and glare by the stoic Uchiha. Kiba smirked at the said ravenette and continued teasing him all the way till they parted their separate ways. And safe to say, one Uchiha went home in a bad mood and extremely irritated that day.

When Itachi asked Sasuke about it, all he got in answer was a muttered phrase about beautiful blondes who were too damn hard to approach.

"Girls are the best, best gift, best gift,

My real wish isOnly you, only you,If it's you, I'm ok,Oh, I can't hold back every day"