Chapter Three

I rubbed my eyes adjusting to the light outside my bedroom window. It had officially been two weeks since I first met Brahms. I rolled onto my side to avoid facing the closet door. I knew he was there watching me, he has been since the first night I stayed here only I didn't realize it until after I found out he was alive. Whenever I had time to myself, which wasn't often, I'd think about Malcom. Whether he was alive or dead, my thoughts would be about him.

On cue like every other morning, Brahms emerged from the closet. I could hear his bare footsteps pad across the room and over to the bed. I could feel him on my back, I wanted nothing more than to kick him in the groin. I hated him. His clingy personality, his authoritative voice, his dirty habits, and above all, his temper. The smallest thing could set it off. I learned quickly over the two weeks we've known each other to do what he wanted or else. He never hit me, but he threatened me with it. I never hesitated to listen to him. I figured if he could kill Cole and seriously injure Malcom, he could do worse to me.

I pretended to be asleep, hoping he would leave me alone. I thought I was actually getting away with it until I heard his smug voice, "Greta you and I both know you're awake. It's time to get up". I ignored him, maybe he'll fall for it if I stay completely still. He sighed loudly "Greta get up, I'm not playing games we have a schedule to go by and I will not be behind"! I didn't move. No more subjecting to him after all I'm still his nanny! "Greta"! He yelled. I didn't flinch, I didn't breathe. Expecting some type of punishment, I shut my eyes slightly tighter ready for a hit or something of the sort. When I felt long arms wrap around me I relaxed a little. Even though I hated him, it secretly felt good to have contact with another human call me crazy. With Malcom I only saw him twice a week, the rest of the time I was alone with a doll (or so I thought). I kept my eyes closed and pretended it was someone else, anyone else.

I opened my eyes wide now as we started moving. Where was he taking me? He walked steadily down the steps and into the walls. I gripped onto his neck as I entered the hell hole. He chuckled low in his throat as I clung to his neck. Scared is an understatement for how I was feeling. He stepped further and further into the darkness. I hated the darkness. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, hoping he'd leave and bring me to the light again but I stopped myself. Greta what are you thinking? Why are you entertaining his actions by playing damsel in distress? Don't let him know you're scared. Ever. I immediately loosened my grip on Brahms' neck. He will not see my fear ever again. He's not the only one with balls in this house!

He finally stopped walking. I turned my head and let out a breath. We were in his lair. He set me down and walked over to his dresser. He pulled out a white tank top, a black cardigan, and a black corduroy pair of pants. He put them in my hand and stared down at me. Confused I looked up at him. Did he want me to wear these? He chuckled and lowered his face to my level. I backed up a little, disgusted by his mask so close to my face. "Dress me". He said in a low voice. I was a little shocked at his demand. Dress him? He's twenty eight! Shouldn't he know how to dress himself? Then it hit me, he knew how to dress himself but he wanted me to do it for him.

I shook my head and backed away, ready to run. I couldn't do this. He moved closer to me "dress me Greta, it's one of the rules"! It really wasn't, but I couldn't argue with him it would just make him more angry. I reluctantly took the pile of clothes from him, and set them on a chair beside me. He lifted his arms, and I slid the cardigan and tank top off. His exposed chest sent an odd wave of tingles throughout my body, I had to hide the rising heat in my cheeks by avoiding eye contact with his prying eyes. I slid the new tank top over his arms, followed by the black cardigan. The next part was the hardest. The pants. I got on my knees, which I shouldn't of done, and unzipped his pants. I could see his hardness through his underwear and suppressed a gag. What a pig. I slid down the pants and he stepped out of them. I tried to ignore his bulging erection and focused on the pants. I wouldn't let him get the satisfaction of distracting me or even getting a reaction. After I fastened his zipper and button on his pants, I stepped back immediately. He cocked his head to the side and held out his hand.

I didn't take it, instead he I pointed to the entrance of the lair, "I need to make breakfast, so if you'll excuse me I'll show myself out". Brahms didn't object, so I rushed out of the lair and down a dark hallway. After many steps and frantic breaths I judged myself to be lost. Shit! As much as I didn't want to, I'd have to go back to Brahms and ask him to help me. He knew I'd have to do this which is why he didn't stop me from leaving in the first place. He knew I had no idea on how to get out of his maze.

Just as I felt hopelessly lost in the walls, The door to Brahms' lair was visible. I cautiously opened the door ready to place my vulnerable self into the light. Brahms was standing in the middle of the room ready for me. I could tell he was smiling behind the mask which made asking him for help so much harder. As if seeing the defeat on my face was enough, Brahms grabbed my arm and led me through the walls and tunnels, and into the kitchen. He turned me to face him and grazed my cheek with his hand. "You were close to getting it on your own". For some reason, because he gave me credit for being smart enough to almost make it through the walls, goosebumps spread up and down my arms.

As I cooked a few eggs, my mind began to drift. Brahms basically insinuated that I am smart. Brahms has feelings after all right? Feelings. Love. My mind wandered to love. That word made me want to gag. Love isn't real. It's a lie, a false promise to protect and respect someone but the second something doesn't go your way you turn on them. I held my stomach and squeezed my eyes shut to prevent tears from falling down my cheeks. I will never be vulnerable again. Never. Brahms doesn't have feelings and he doesn't love anyone. That's that.

I turned around and nearly dropped my frying pan. Brahms had been standing right behind me this whole time and I didn't even know it. "S-sorry Brahms, it'll be ready in a minute". I stammered trying to pull myself together seeing Brahms in that moment pulled out a reflex I didn't know I had. My emotions were still all over the place. Being stuck with a murderer really brings out the emotions in me. Brahms didn't move. He looked down into my eyes. He knew I was upset. For the first time ever, I didn't see dominance when I looked at him. I saw concern in his eyes. It shocked me to see that Brahms had any other emotion in his body. I ducked my head to break the contact. I really just wanted to eat.

He grabbed my chin and pointed my face upwards "what's wrong Greta"? He asked. Worry threaded in his voice. I shook my head biting my lip to keep my lip from quivering. He brushed his thumb over a tear that had escaped the barrier and like a break in a dam, the tears, and cries, and emotions bursted through and I ended up on the floor. I was stuck alone in a mansion with someone I didn't know and definitely didn't trust. I felt helpless and hopeless and I just wanted to go home. I sobbed and sobbed. All of the feelings I had pressed down inside came up and I couldn't control myself. After a while I felt hands wrap around my arms and I felt myself being lifted up. I wanted to fight him, to get him away, but it wasn't until I felt him pull me into his chest that I realized I needed this. Not wanted, but needed. At this point it didn't matter who was being my shoulder to cry on, it was if I had one or not.

Brahms rubbed my back and stuck his chin on the top of my head. For someone who never really had contact with people his whole life, he was pretty good at comforting. I eventually stopped crying, and wiped my tears. I immediately felt bad. Brahms had to of known I was crying because of him. When I looked up at Brahms his mask was crooked. He must've moved it to lean on my head better.

I pulled away, and turned back around. "I'm sorry you had to see that". I said to him. He was still behind me. I didn't get an answer. I poured the eggs onto a plate deciding I wasn't hungry, and gave Brahms the plate. Once he sat down, he pushed it away from him. He didn't want it either. "Brahms eat, it'll get cold". He shook his head.

"I will not eat until you do".
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Sorry for such a crappy chapter! I just really wanted to get something out there for you guys! I appreciate all the positive feedback on this book! I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll try to update as soon as I can. Some family health issues kind of came out of the blue this week so I'll se what I can do in the way of updates. I appreciate all of your patience <3
-Ri