Epilogue ~ The Final Chapter

(Recap)
I closed my eyes and sighed a big breath of relief as the plane came to a gentle stop. I was home. On Montana soil. I still haven't talked to Sandy since the night I escaped. dread was all I felt. I'd eventually have to face the consequences of what happened. All I want is to just push the last eight months out of my brain forever. It was a mistake to leave America. A very large mistake.
~

One year later.....

"Okay, Greta I'll be back in two days. Try not to burn the house down". Sandy chuckled as she peeked her head in at me laying flat on my bed. Seeing my blank face, she stepped more into the room. "Are you sure you'll be alright on your own for a few days"? I sat up and smiled at her, "yeah, of course". I didn't feel as confident as I sounded but it was only for a few days. Sandy smiled even though I knew she was doubting me. Ever since I've been back to America I haven't been the same. I've been paranoid that Brahms wasn't really dead, that he was following me. Waiting for me to be alone. And that the cops were watching my every move ready to arrest me.

Sandy knew about Brahms I had regrettably told her the bare minimum about him, but she still knows how badly it all messed me up. She was the one who quit her job to take care of me.

I never told the authorities about Brahms, or Malcom, or Cole. I'm sure all of this will come back to me eventually but for now....I'll wait to cross that bridge when I get to it. Sandy however has been super protective over me even though I'm the older sister. No one we don't know is allowed to talk to me or be around me without her. I still haven't told her everything that happened to me and I don't know that I ever will. She deserves a life of less stress, plus she'd beat herself up over not flying out there to rescue me.

The demons and the hell that I dealt with in that house I don't want to relive nor do I wish that same horror on anyone else.

I sat in my favorite spot in the living room where I could see a few of the birds. They flapped around without a care in the world. I sighed in disappointment, of only I could feel like them. Careless. More often than I'd like, Brahms visits my thoughts. Usually when I'm sitting down doing nothing. I can't control them it's like a rewind button on a movie. It just keeps replaying and replaying the worst parts of him. Like a broken record. I stared at my workers apron draped across the armrest of the chair in front of me. "Emma walker" was written on the name tag. That was my name.

About six weeks after I moved back to America, I was too paranoid to do anything where there were potential police. I changed my name, and Sandy, Morgan and I moved to Alaska. I now work as a barista at a local cafe, and Sandy is a real estate agent who travels occasionally to meet with clients about houses.

Morgan stays with his friends most of the time, so I never see him.

Being home alone definitely has its cons, but I'm used to the emptiness and independence I have when I'm alone. I grew comfortable with it. I have my own time to manage and I do my own thing.

I got up from my seat, saying a few silent goodbyes to the birds flying away in the sky. I went into the kitchen and took out a mug and a tea packet. Being in England for so long caused my severe addiction to tea. After I prepared my mug, I picked it up and started back towards the living room. Before I could sit down however, I heard a loud knock at the front door.

A year ago, I would have panic attacks thinking someone was there to take me away. My throat would tighten and I'd shake like a leaf. A year later the tight feeling in my throat has stayed the same. I placed my mug on the coffee table worried I'd spill it with how shaky my hands were becoming, and I neared the front door. At this point my whole body was shaking now.

I placed a sweaty hand on the knob and turned it. I slowly opened the door and locked eyes with the person in front of me. My mouth fell open and my eyes grew wide.

How? Where? When?

"Hello Greta, may I come in"?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
AND WE ARE OFFICIALLY DONE WITH "BRAHMS HEELSHIRE"!!!!!

I can't express how thankful I am for the positive comments and the amount of reads on the book! It's definitely been a journey from when I started this book in mid July to finishing it in now January, but I wouldn't change a thing. I'm going to miss this book because it really was so much fun to write, but it'll always be on my profile so feel free to come back and read it how ever many times you want! As always, thank you so much for reading.....please read my author's note I've just published!
-Ri

(I know I left you with a cliff hanger.... whoever is at the door is for you to infer. Is it Malcom? Brahms? The police? We don't know.)

P.S. please leave constructive criticism where you see fit! And feel free to ask questions!! If I need to make any edits to the book I will!