Author's Q&A

So I've gotten a few questions about the book since I've finished it and I decided to make a separate little add on to the story of all your questions answered!!

This will be the only part that will be updated regularly from this book. All other chapters are completely finished and I will not be adding anything else to them.

CAUTION!!!! Spoilers ahead!!! Do not read until you've finished the book! (Unless you like spoilers lol)

Question: Why weren't there any consensual love scenes in the book?
Answer: well, Brahms isn't really the gentle and kind type. He tried to win Greta with his physical attraction, but his personality ruined it for him. Greta was more repulsed by him than anything. So he basically had to force her to give him what he wanted. It's sick. But Brahms was never told no by his parents and I think that's originally where everything went wrong.

Question: Why is Brahms such a bad guy and put in a negative light?

Answer: When I first decided to write a fan fiction on Brahms and all of the characters in the movie, I wanted it to be a romance between him and Greta since I love them both. Unfortunately though, I researched all of "the boy" fan fictions I could on here (Wattpad) and most of them are the same. Greta hates Brahms, then finds out he's not so bad despite him mercilessly killing people. And decides to stay with him. For this story, I chose to write what most likely would have happened in the movie (if Greta made the mistake of not stabbing Brahms in the first place) so I wouldn't have such a similar book to everyone else's.

Question: Do you think Brahms could have loved Greta even though he treated her so badly?

Answer: in all honesty, no. Brahms does display some sociopathic tendencies. He really doesn't have feelings unless they involve himself or something going wrong with HIM. Brahms doesn't love Greta because he doesn't know what love is. I'd say he lusts after her for sure, but there's no love there. If he truly loved her, he would've let her go with Malcom. I personally tried to match the characters up with the movie best I could, so I'm basing my book Brahms off of the movie Brahms. They have the same characteristics, same personality, same temperament.

Question: would you ever write a sequel?

Answer: Maybe. Once the second movie comes out (set for February) I might write another one, just depends on where I'm at and where this book is at by then. Right now it's hard to say.

Question: is Malcom really dead?

Answer: I mean I wrote what I wrote. At this point he can be alive or dead, whatever you want. It really doesn't change the fact that Greta will always hate Brahms which is the main relationship in the story. I didn't want Malcom to have too much of a part in this book because I felt like he was a boring character in the movie, so I used him as a little bit of a plot spicer (if that's even a word).

Question: If Malcom would have lived and escaped with Greta, do you think he and Greta would be a better couple than she and Brahms if Brahms had treated her better?

Answer: yes, absolutely. Brahms and Greta would be a very toxic relationship based on his lack of feelings and emotion etc. Malcom actually cares about Greta and wanted what was best for her so I'm team Malcom all the way!

Question: if you could change one thing about the book, What would it be?

Answer: well, I'm no professional writer so I'd obviously change a lot about the book, but I suppose a big thing I'd change is Brahms' dialogue in the book. He seemed almost too modern in how he talked and he talked too much. In the movie he's pretty much silent/shy and most of what he says, is in his body movement. However It's a lot harder to write about Brahms than interpret what Brahms is saying in a movie through his actions so I kind of had to add in more speech for him instead of body language. At this point I'm not sure. The whole book needs revisions haha.

Question: Does Greta feel sorry for Brahms at all?

Answer: I mean yeah, in a way I suppose she did but he kind of ruined it for himself when he kept her basically as prisoner in the Heelshire mansion. From what I know about Greta, she always gave everyone the benefit of the doubt until they burned her. Cole did it, and then Brahms did it. And after that, she didn't care about them anymore.

Question: is Brahms dead?

Answer: if Brahms is dead, there'd be no possibility of another fan fiction......so I'll let you decide for yourself :)

Question: Why does Greta like Brahms in the beginning but not in the end of the book?

Answer: well if you look at it from Greta's point of view, being alone in the house with Brahms you'd be a little scared considering how unpredictable he really is. I'd say Greta really doesn't like Brahms at all in the book, just feels vulnerable to him and feels like she needed to keep him happy. A few times, he made her blush and feel weird about him, but I think it was her trying to make her situation better (and after all we all can admit Brahms is hot). In reality though, he is handsome, he is tall, he can be charming and those are all factors of an attractive guy, but his heart wasn't there, his feelings weren't there. It was all just him trying to get what he wanted. He was a manipulator.

Question: Why weren't the parents mentioned as much in the book?

Answer: In most of the fan fictions I've read, Mr. and Mrs. Heelshire are made as misunderstood, confused old people who really didn't intend for Brahms to turn out the way he did. I personally think they were the real problem for keeping him in the walls his whole life, and allowing him to get away with murder. Not to mention they were okay with leaving Greta with him to be stuck there so they could selfishly get out. The whole family has issues but this story was more about Greta and Brahms and how she lived her life with him.

Question: How did the police not go after Greta?

Answer: Well, at this point, Greta has a different name in a different state so if they did, no one knows about it. Realistically Greta probably would've been tracked down since there had been two murders in the house that she knew about. Plus fingerprints. I guess if anything involving the police does happen, it'll have to be in the next book.....

Question: Did Greta love Malcom?

Answer: I mean in the movie they were kind of a couple but I made it more of a friendship between them in the book, only because I didn't want people to look at it as Greta losing the love of her life, but her losing a friend that had helped her during her time there. In the story, his sole purpose was to give Greta the motivation to strike back and to escape so I'm not sure there was love there but she definitely cared about Malcom as a friend.

Question: Does Brahms have feelings?

Answer: In my opinion, yes but he doesn't have feelings towards others. I feel like if he did have feelings towards others he wouldn't treat people the way he does, and feel no remorse for it. I think all he really cares about is his agenda.

Question: why wasn't anything about Malcom ever mentioned after his "death"? (Police showing up, Greta being traced back to the house)

Answer: Malcom never mentioned that he had family friends, or anything like that in the movie other than he owned the grocery shop. So I kind of took that and ran with it in the sense that no one would know that he was gone to file a police report about his disappearance. Other than maybe his employees (if he has any). Not to mention, with Greta fleeing England, and changing her name it's sort of a dead end for police.