Chapter five

The teakettle screamed, and a line of steam came flooding out of the spout. I took it off of the stove, and quickly put two cups on the counter ready to be used. It had officially been four weeks since I met Brahms for the first time, and he hadn't changed a bit. He still follows me everywhere, directs me to do anything he wants, and still watches me sleep. He was like a looming shadow, always following and never leaving. I felt like a large weight was strapped to my ankle. Everywhere I went, he dragged along with me. It made me even more miserable as the days went by. His mask made everything more on edge.

I handed Brahms a cup, and sat down beside him on the sofa, leaving a comfortable distance between us. Brahms, however noticed this, and scooted towards me more to where our knees were touching. His eyes pierced into mine waiting for a reaction to his spite, but I didn't let him have one, and only sipped my tea looking out of the window. After a long silence, a soft tune grabbed my ear's attention. It sounded like a lullaby, but it was too classy. I closed my eyes and listened to its enchanting tune. I felt the song was telling a story. A story of absolute love and peace.

The music ended as suddenly as it began, it left me wanting more, it was the only thing that had given me peace in so long. Tears welled in my eyes as I thought about how truly miserable my life is. Brahms, who was seated at the piano and had been playing that beauty piece, stood up and walked over to me. His tall lanky frame blocked the light from the window on my face. He knelt down and cupped my cheek wiping away a stray tear.

I avoided eye contact for as long as I could hoping he'd notice I didn't want to be near him, but he didn't take the hint. I cast my eyes on my cup of tea, and kept them glued there.
"Greta", was all Brahms said. I looked at him and waited. He looked at me intensely and grabbed my face with both of his hands now, "I think it's time I show you". At first I was confused, show me what? But then I saw his hands rest on his mask. "No"! I said, "please don't, if you do this I'll know what you look like and then..." I trailed off and turned my head. If he shows me his face I'm doomed here forever.
"And then what"? Brahms asked curiously. I turned to him, "and then I'll know your biggest secret". Brahms shrugged, "why wouldn't I want you to know my biggest secret"? I shook my head at him.
"Never mind". Brahms pried at my eyes for a few moments before peeling off his mask.

What I saw in front of me was what I least expected. I expected a hideous, vile nightmare, but he was actually one of the handsomest men I had ever seen in my life. His jawline was sharp, his lips were full and a light shade of pink, the side of his right cheek was scarred from the fire his eyes were a deep emerald green although one pupil was more damaged than the other. His cheek bones were defined and his nose was slender and straight. My cheeks heated once I saw his curly hair flop onto his forehead. He was beautiful.
I squeezed my eyes shut realizing that I had just seen him which made my plan of escape even harder.

"Greta"? I opened my eyes to see his face again.
"Am I as hideous to you as I am to myself"? I didn't answer as I was so taken back by how surprising he looked. "Greta"? I snapped my attention to him and he repeated his question. "Am I as hideous to you as I am to myself"? I shook my head, "Brahms you are very handsome". I mentally cursed myself for complimenting him that way, but I was only stating facts, he truly was beautiful.

"Then kiss me". My full attention was back in reality. "What"? I asked shocked. Brahms didn't repeat himself. I shook my head, "Brahms, kissing is for people in love" I blurted out. Brahms cocked his head to one side, his left eyebrow twinging in confusion. I sighed and looked down again hoping to vanish into the floor. "Greta, please kiss me". I rubbed my eyes and looked at Brahms who had moved a foot closer to me. His eyes were placed on my lips, and his breathing was heavy.

An idea flooded my mind. If I kiss him he, trusts me a little more, then eventually, I can leave.
Without a second thought, I leaned in and within a second Brahms' lips were on mine. A spark of heat rushed through my body at the sudden contact and my cheeks flooded red. His lips were surprisingly warm, and soft on mine. He cupped the side of my cheek and placed his other hand on my back. I flinched at his touch but he pulled me in close to him to where I couldn't move even if I wanted to. His lips moved slowly on mine, and tenderly. I was confused on where he could've learned how to kiss if I was the only girl he'd ever been around as an adult aside from his mother.

He finally came up for air which gave me a good time to pull away, and wipe my mouth. A small twinge of disappointment balled my stomach, Brahms was a good kisser and I slightly wanted to kiss him again.

Brahms looked at me, his solid green eyes gazing into my hazel ones. He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it almost immediately and stood up.
He made his way to the wall opening and crept inside. And I was left alone on the sofa.

I let out a huge sigh and rubbed my eyes, did all of that just happen? Did I just kiss my captor? Did I just see my captor's identity? Will he ever let me leave now that I've seen him? Why is he so attractive? All of the questions swirled inside my mind. I smashed my head against my hands, if this is how things are going to go, I'll have to leave a lot sooner.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Here's a short little update for ya!! With a little bit of action.....This will have to suffice until the weekend, I have a big chapter coming up for you guys and it's going to cover a lot of ground in Greta and Brahms' relationship!! Don't forget to correct any grammar or spelling errors I tend to miss a few from time to time. Thank you for reading this, it means so much to me!
-Ri