Insecurity

Shoutout for the request goes to a user I don't remember. I can't find whomever requested this.

Also, I had this in drafts for the longest time. I forgot I'd written this. I was reading all of my oneshots and noticed I hadn't published this one. So here you go!

I recommend listening to Safe and Sound while reading---

~~
Matching: Aziraphale x Crowley
Song: None
Written: June 13/14
~~

     "Pardon me, Miss," Crowley tried to pass a woman that was literally taking up the whole aisle. "Pardon, Miss." He rolled his eyes and tried to slide past her. This was the first mistake. She backed up into him, her back hitting his chest.

     Crowley let out a yelp when the woman suddenly spun on her heel and slapped him, knocking his glasses to the floor. "You bastard! You dirty bastard!"

     He crouched and picked up his sunglasses. Standing back up, he examined his glasses, possibly looking for scratches. "Miss, I didn't mea—" he was cut off by a scream. He huffed and glanced up; What now?

     The 20-something, strawberry-blond haired woman looked absolutely horrified, "Your eyes! They're hideous! What happened to them? Are you wearing contacts?"

     "Er.. no," he was too taken back with surprise to lie and take the easy way out. That was the second mistake. She screamed again. "Uh, why are you screaming? Miss?" Crowley was now confused and uncomfortable.

     "You.. you monster! You hideous, dirty monster!" She hissed, backing up.
((A/N-Monster autocorrected to: Lobster))

     Crowley's eyebrows scrunched together. Monster? Because of his eyes? Sure, no demon nor human nor angel had eyes that resembled his at all, but that didn't mean he was a monster, just because he was different. ..Right?

     Right. Right. He wasn't a monster. He was a demon, not a monster. After all, how did that quote go..? 'All monsters are human' or something like that? And he was no human, not physically, anyways. Mentally and emotionally on the other hand... No, no.

     Crowley clutched the glasses to his chest and practically ran out of there but the woman's screams had caused a panic. Everybody started throwing things at him, and getting up close so they could get a hit in. Crowley could only dodge so much, even with his supernatural abilities.

     Why were they doing this? Why were they so scared of his eyes?

     Well, of course, it was because it's different.

     Isn't that what sets them against each other? Abnormality? After all, it is what happened with Black people, Asian people, Jewish people, almost every race and/or religion out there has been ridiculed or discriminated. All because they're different.

     But if he's different, if he's set aside by every race, religion and species, then what is he really? A good-for-nothing, manipulative snake? I mean, even Crowley's house plants don't like him!!

     The only one who does is Aziraphale but.. he'll see soon enough. He'll see Crowley's queerness and ditch him too. Not even the most generous, merciful angel would take a glance at him.

     He was nothing. And it was all because of his stupid eyes.

~~~