Your Wings Are Beautiful

REQUEST TO: @FoxyTiger10

It isn't exactly what I had in mind—not exactly sure what I was thinking for this anyways. I just sort of rambled? I went a tad overboard here. Whoops?

I feel like this was also sort of a rant? I mean, I don't have wings (man, how I wish I did), but I do feel left out and excluded. I'm usually abandoned, and blah blah blah, I'll just get on with the story. No need to hear my problems. I mean.. Problems? What problems? *laughs nervously*

Dunes of Dreamscape is completely non existent. I made it up. Just to let y'all know.

EDIT (23/09/19): I'm only uploading this now because honestly? I'd forgotten it existed and I wasn't exactly satisfied with it but after reading it over two months later, I see that its not bad.

EDIT (12/11/19): Forgot to publish and well. Forgot about it again. I've been stuck in a slump for a while but I went to this writing club and wow it helps.

~
Pairing: Aziraphale x Crowley
Song: None
Written: July 3, July 7, July 15
~

     Purest of white, softest material, extravagant span. With one powerful whoosh, they could've taken out an entire village. But of course, he never tried that. It was a sin to do such a thing, to feel wrath or destroy.

     The soaring through space, through nebulas and galaxies, creating all along the way. He loved his wings, it was his favourite part about being an angel. Leaving everything down below, leaving everyone behind, as he explores the material he created with his own energy.

     He loved it.

     His favourite thing in the entire Universe quickly became his most hated.

     You know, when he fell.

     Aziraphale had only seen Crowley's wings once. That was when they first met, at the Garden of Eden, and hadn't thought to put their wings away for there was no need.

     Once Anthony J Crowley put his wings away, he never dared to open them again until... Until the Apocalypse-That-Wasn't. And only then, it was because he brought Aziraphale and Adam to the Dunes of Dreamscape—the one place where one cannot hide nor lie, the place where souls have to pass through to carry onto the other side of death.

     After stretching his wings—the ones he hadn't used since Eden—he was reminded of how happy he used to be and how he lost that happiness by falling.

     All that explanation leads up to where our adored demon and angel are now.

     Aziraphale watched his best friend with a frown and worried eyes, the demon had been lost in thought for nearly two hours now. He didn't even sing along to Queen while driving the two back to his own flat from the Tadfield Airbase. The two were now in the demon's living room, with tons of wine at their disposal.

     "Crowley?" Aziraphale decided that was enough silence. The demon hadn't even touched his wine! "Crowley!"

     Said demon snapped to attention, his glare on the floor directed to the angel—who immediately shrunk back. His gaze softened and he replied, "yes, Angel?"

     Aziraphale pouted a little and tilted his head, giving a look of confusion, "What's bothering you?"

     Crowley rose a brow, feigning innocence, "what do you mean?" Aziraphale gave the demon his infamous Mother Look, making the demon sigh. "Nothing you need to worry about, Azz. Just some inner quarrels."