Warming Inexistent Hearts

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY, DEAREST BlueMeanieAt221B !!!!! I HOPE YOU HAD THE GREATEST DAY AND JUST KNOW THAT YOU ARE THE BESTEST FRIEND I COULD ASK FOR!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE AND KNOW THAT I'LL STICK BY YOUR SIDE THROUGH THICK AND THIN. Happy birthday, Angel! 🎉🎉🎉 ^οωο^~~
(Everybody go read their books!!! Their writing is absolutely amazing!!)

Also, thanks to Rayne_Or_Shine and @TheJalepenoOnAStiick. I'd always wanted to do something with Crowley being soft on children but I never found the right way to do it. So thank you for your contribution! (Everybody should go read their books too! Read everybody's books! Books for everyone! XD)

Me: *has 6 works in progresses*
Me:
Me: *starts another one*

~
Matching: None
Song: None
Written: August 12, 13
~

3004 BC — Mesopotamia

     It was 3004, the clouds were dark and thunder rumbled in the distance. A certain red-haired demon exited off the cart, on which he held his second ever conversation with a blond principality.

     He walked between the different carts, heading away from the crowd of soon-to-be deceased. Crowley—or Crawly, at this point in time—couldn't believe it; She, the Almighty, was going to kill innocent children! And he thought Heaven was the good guys..

     Speaking of the little devils, for lack of better word, one of them bumped into Crawly. The little boy who'd done so fell to the ground, his wide eyes looking up at the demon.

     Without thinking, said demon crouched and held out a hand to the kid. "Are you alright?"

     The little boy, maybe eight or nine, nodded timidly. He put his hand in Crawly's and was helped to his feet. Despite the boy standing, Crawly still crouched to have levelled eye contact with him.

     "What's your name?" The serpent asked softly.

     The dark haired male fidgeted with his fingers and muttered out an answer, "Shamash, Sir."

     Crawly felt his lip twitch up at the thought of children being named after gods that didn't exist. "That's a lovely name, Shamash. My name is Crawly."

     The boy, Shamash, giggled. "That's a silly name!"

     "Is it?" Crawly rose an eyebrow. "What do you think my name should be then?"

     "Mmm," Shamash picked at his lips as he thought. With an idea, he brightened and told the demon, "Crowley!"

     "Crowley sounds a little silly too, doesn't it?" He replied with a chuckle.

     However, despite his laughs, Crawly did end up changing his name to just that.

~~~

33 AD — Golgotha

     After another lovely little chat with Aziraphale, which included telling him of the name change (leaving out Shamash, however), our beloved demon noticed a child crying behind a boulder.