Comes With Being A Snake

Request for: @Phantomplatypus

Alllllrighty then. I polished this one up and I'm giving it to you all now. I have one or two that I save for emergencies when my writing is at a low. I know this one is short but I'm working on two other longer fics at this point in time. I'm almost finished one of them - hopefully it'll be up within the next week. (School is messing with me hard, man.)

Anyways. Toodles!

~
Pairing: Aziraphale x Crowley
Song: None
Written: July 19, July 21, July 28
~

     There was something Aziraphale just couldn't figure out.

     Crowley had started avoiding Aziraphale, which was strange for the demon as after the two helped divert Armageddon-That-Wasn't, he became quite clingy.

     So after three days of no words spoken, Aziraphale got worried and decided to check up on the demon.

     Aziraphale frowned when he heard crashing on the other side of the door, said door swung open and there stood Crowley.

     "You look terrible," Aziraphale commented bluntly in shock, taking in the demon's appearance. It was true, Crowley's skin was pale and overly dry, it clung to his bones like small clothes, his crimson hair was stringy and was quite dull, and his eyes were a strange white-blue colour. "What happened?!"

     "Nothing, angel," he blinked rapidly, and rubbed his odd-coloured eyes.

     The platinum-blond angel stepped forward, reaching a hand out to test Crowley's temperature. Before he could get anywhere near the demon, he hissed and stepped back. He blinked rapidly again, not noticing Aziraphale flinch back. His blue-ish eyes flicking back and forth as if he didn't know exactly where Aziraphale stood, "I just.. don't.. don't touch, angel."

     Aziraphale pushed his way into the flat—or, I suppose he just walked in, Crowley avoided touching him. "Well, you're clearly not fine! Are you sick? Are you dying? How did you manage to break your mortal body?" He rambled on and on about how Crowley could be dying and how he hadn't bothered to call.

     "Aziraphale!"

     The angel paused his pacing (and hyperventilation), glancing at the demon. To his surprise, the demon was scuffing his feet, fidgeting with his fingers—the things he does when he's embarrassed. Why would he be embarrassed?

     "Please, just... leave it. I'll be fine in a week or two.." The serpentine demon muttered, scratching the back of one of his hands.

     "You have to endure an entire week of.. of... whatever-this-is?!" Aziraphale half-panicked, causing the demon's emotions to flare. He smiled slightly at the angel fussing over him.

     "It's okay, Angel.. Truly.."

     Aziraphale huffed, glancing away and crossing his arms before turning back to the demon, "what is this anyways? How can you be so sure that it's gonna be okay?"

     "Because, Angel, its happened before and it will happen again. It uh..." Crowley hesitated, cheeks tinting pink just the slightest, "it comes with being a snake.."

     Realization dawned on Aziraphale's face, and he nodded slowly. "You're shedding." The blue-ish eyed demon half shrugged, too embarrassed to say anything. "But.. why do you shed? Can't you just miracle the dead skin away? Or something..?"

     "It doesn't work like that, angel, I can't miracle it away.. I assume it's because it's a part of me, apart of my Celestial being," Crowley turned and slowly made his way to the couch, in which he laid down. The platinum-blond angel followed him and sat across from him, on a big comfy leather chair.

     "That's truly unfortunate, my dear. Well, is there anything I can do to help?" He asked, leaning forward in his seat.

     Crowley shook his head slightly, "I don't think so. I had no one to help me for 6000 years so I'm not exactly.. sure how you could..."

     "Well, I could retrieve stuff for you. Aren't you semi-blind at the moment?"

     The crimson haired demon muttered curses under his breath. "Yeah, just for a day or two. You honestly caught me at a bad time, angel."

     Aziraphale chuckled and nodded, "I suppose I did."